Olympics 2022

Drroogh

• Drroogh changed the title to Olympics 2022
10 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Tonight I have watched figure skating ( wife brownie points) curling (my passion) and now, snowboarding.

Winter Olympics are the bomb 

It's funny how Curling went from a sport very few care about to one of the most popular at the Olympics.  I would rather watch curling than ice hockey.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Chess, physics, strength, balance, sportsmanship… plus, you can drink a beer while you play.

Pretty awesome if you ask me 😁

I don’t play chess, but I’m a big fan of everything else. 
We’re watching the US vs Canada in mixed now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Very cool.  Looks like it would be a blast.  Do they have a facility in Steuben County, or do you have to drive a bit?

There is a club in Louisville. Try to find their website and see if they are holding Learn to Curls during the Olympics. This is a huge time for clubs to recruit new members. Our club will hold them nightly for at least the next 3 weeks and will probably have between 700-750 people go through these. For about $25 you get 21/2 hours to learn the rules, a little of the skills, and play a short game. Hopefully the Louisville club is doing these as well 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

There is a club in Louisville. Try to find their website and see if they are holding Learn to Curls during the Olympics. This is a huge time for clubs to recruit new members. Our club will hold them nightly for at least the next 3 weeks and will probably have between 700-750 people go through these. For about $25 you get 21/2 hours to learn the rules, a little of the skills, and play a short game. Hopefully the Louisville club is doing these as well 

https://www.derbycitycurlingclub.com/about

Looks like this is it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It's due to the danger involved

image.thumb.png.89c38c1ed0e89244d97962764c48db92.png

That picture reminded me of one of curling’s fun traditions.

Before a match, especially for curlers who may not be taking the game as seriously, they may partake in a “broomshooter.” Essentially, 4 shot glasses have been glued to a curling broom. A team will pick their poison, say some inane saying, and then all drink their shot at the same time. Usually, this is done after there’s already been a bit of drinking, and to watch 4 people who are of varying heights try to maneuver their drink is often hilarious 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Okay, formerly competing in Alpine skiing I have to say I’ve been watching Moguls so far, which I hated! I remember skiing Heavenly Valley at Lake Tahoe, which is described as an upside down mountain! After skiing the whole day on top of the mountain, (the easy part) I decided it was time to go. I skied up to the top of gunbarrel slope, I looked down at all of the moguls and said oh H no, I took the Tram down! All the respect for our mogul team , looking forward to Mikaela!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Okay, formerly competing in Alpine skiing I have to say I’ve been watching Moguls so far, which I hated! I remember skiing Heavenly Valley at Lake Tahoe, which is described as an upside down mountain! After skiing the whole day on top of the mountain, (the easy part) I decided it was time to go. I skied up to the top of gunbarrel slope, I looked down at all of the moguls and said oh H no, I took the Tram down! All the respect for our mogul team , looking forward to Mikaela!

Damn!!

Was watching the skiing.  NBC switches to figure skating after Schiffrin falls.  Wife says.  "Oh, are you watching that (figure skating)."  My internal voice says 'just getting ready to change channel'.  But, my external voice says 'Yeah.'  Wife says "Can you tell me when the U.S. comes on?"  

So, I'm stuck.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

LOL, at the USA born figure skater who was skating for china and fell on her ass and Stupid worthless Chinese Commie party said skater no good. Doesn’t represents us. Chineses is idiots. 

Worked many years with some of the most respected workers I ever worked with, who were from China! Be careful where you come from!!! Realize the reality of where people come from!!!