Olympics 2022

Drroogh

34 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I haven't watched any yet. Don't know if I will. Usually its the wife that wants to watch some.  Apparently I'm not alone as ratings are way down this year and NBC is going to lose a ton.

My wife and I were talking last night as we were watching.  Asked the kids (both teenagers) if they wanted to watch.  You would have thought we were asking them to donate a kidney.  When I was growing up, watching the Olympics was something we did as a family.  Especially, the Winter Games, since it was usually too cold to do anything outdoors. 

I'll admit, I didn't find time this year to sit down and watch until last night.  But, they sucked me in real quick.  Stayed up until after 1:00 AM watching.    And, the best thing about this year's game, is what you see in Prime Time is live.  It's happening tomorrow in China, but it's live on our TV sets.  I found a site that was posting live scoring and it was about 20-30 seconds ahead of what I was seeing on TV.    

Edited by 5fouls

I remember watching as a kid as well. This year I think timing was a factor. I was on a trip to FL when they began and since then have been rather busy. Sun was the first day I had some time and was going to turn it on but noticed it was 10 minutes before the evening news break so I didn't bother. 

So, I was talking with my Russian friend today about the Olympics, and she told me the story of Vic Wild who recently won Bronze! An American who married a Russian girl (now divorced) Vic Wild now competing for ROC. Pretty amazing story, seeing as he competes for ROC it’s no surprise I never heard of him before. We are just so consumed with ourselves!

54 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

You talking about mounting up on Ukraine?

No the doping decision on the 15 year old skater! 
But since we’re not allowed to talk politics, don’t EVEN get me started on Ukraine! Other than to say I much prefer Ukrainian borscht to Russian!

40 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

No the doping decision on the 15 year old skater! 
But since we’re not allowed to talk politics, don’t EVEN get me started on Ukraine! Other than to say I much prefer Ukrainian borscht to Russian!

Pretty crazy to give a figure skater performance enhancing drugs.  Do they disclose what drug was found?  Maybe something for focus?  

I'd love to hear your thoughts privately.  I don't understand the desire but I'm also not a billionaire ultra ego maniac politician that wants to control people.