2022 C Jeremy Foumena

NotIThatLives

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-names-to-know-2022-center-jeremy-foumena/

Guess this is pretty telling on Race and Trayce not coming back.  Also scholarship numbers must not be an issue.  Don't think there will be much running it back next year.  That roster will be as good as anyone's guess.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm trying to see what I'm missing here? Size, length, width, and big numbers vs good competition? Maybe he's just a casualty of the last 1-2 recruiting cycles being disrupted by Covid but sign me up for this kid. Interchangeable parts between him and LD and maybe a transfer? Should be fine. 

Probably because he picked up basketball a little later too. Said he didn’t start playing until he was to the states at like age 10. Probably a late bloomer. Hope it works out

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ba43056 said:

Are we ruling out Race retuning? 

At some point we have to move on from the existing roster.  Some of these guys have been at IU/in school for a LONG time.  IU needs new and more talented players.  For me, that means shooters and playmakers.  The Race and Trayce show has had its moments, but it's time to let them go.  JMHO    😊

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

At some point we have to move on from the existing roster.  Some of these guys have been at IU/in school for a LONG time.  IU needs new and more talented players.  For me, that means shooters and playmakers.  The Race and Trayce show has had its moments, but it's time to let them go.  JMHO    😊

Great thing about college athletics is you get 4 years where ever you want to play. I could think of 7 or 8 i would let go before these 2. Not JMHO....Facts.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

Great thing about college athletics is you get 4 years where ever you want to play. I could think of 7 or 8 i would let go before these 2. Not JMHO....Facts.

They're decent college players.  They've given IU four years.  Time to move on with the next chapter.  Whatever facts you're referring to won't change my opinion.  Thanks.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Okay...how about "good"?   For a 6'9" post player, he's good.

TJD is one of 20 players in the country on the Wooden Award watch-list, if that doesn't qualify him as good, rather than "good", then you have quite the definition of the word. Also, he is in his 3rd year at IU, not 4th. And, Race is in his 5th year at IU, not 4th.

If Race and Trace move on, we have to replace them with somebody. Who's that going to be? This Foumena kid that no one had heard of a week ago is going to be better than a top 20 player in the country? Better than a 6th year senior coming off a better than 11 and 7 year? Very unlikely. If we lose both Race and Trace, we're going to be scrambling for big men. In the era of transfers, we might get lucky, but that's a tough thing to count on.

• Like 4