2022 C Jeremy Foumena

NotIThatLives

18 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

#1 is out. He's played in games so a regular redshirt can't happen but he's also played in games after the cutoff point in the season (1st 1/2) where he would be eligible for a medical redshirt if he's injured.

So it's either #2  or possibly a #3 you didn't mention: he could be injured. Probably #2.

OR a #4: he is still in the dog house

2 hours ago, go_iu_bb said:

#1 is out. He's played in games so a regular redshirt can't happen but he's also played in games after the cutoff point in the season (1st 1/2) where he would be eligible for a medical redshirt if he's injured.

So it's either #2  or possibly a #3 you didn't mention: he could be injured. Probably #2.

How confident are you in him not being eligible for a redshirt? I know at one point in time you could redshirt as long as you played below a certain percentage of games in a season. 

EDIT: Was thinking of football. In basketball you can’t play at all at this point in time. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

With a depleted bench in last nights game, due to the suspensions, I'm wondering why Duncomb didn't get in the game......

I’ve said it since the start of the season. They should have redshirted him.  

I am not going to overreact to him not playing. He’s a big kid with a nice frame and a MOTOR.  I think he can get a lot stronger.  

I think he will be a big contributor down the road until proven otherwise.  And it’s not proven yet.  

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

How confident are you in him not being eligible for a redshirt? I know at one point in time you could redshirt as long as you played below a certain percentage of games in a season. 

EDIT: Was thinking of football. In basketball you can’t play at all at this point in time. 

I'm pretty confident. The rules for a medical redshirt:

- played in 30% or less of the team's game (he's only played in 6 so that's not the issue)

- the games played must be in the first half of the season (he's played since that threshold was passed making him ineligible)

- season ending injury (we haven't heard anything about this but I'm sure they could find something if they wanted to)

It's the timing of a few of the games he's played in which would make him ineligible according to my understanding of the rules.

• Thanks 2

On 2/11/2022 at 4:34 PM, cybergates said:

https://www.si.com/college/tmg/mark-blaudschun/college-basketball-redshirt

Apparently it was changed to match football and he could redshirt if he didnt play in more than 6-8 games if this article is correct 

I want aware of that. Do you know if that rule change was implemented? I missed it if so.

That would be a good rule change, imo.

Edited by go_iu_bb

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 2:38 PM, jv1972iu said:

At some point we have to move on from the existing roster.  Some of these guys have been at IU/in school for a LONG time.  IU needs new and more talented players.  For me, that means shooters and playmakers.  The Race and Trayce show has had its moments, but it's time to let them go.  JMHO    😊

I'm sure it will....but the Davidson and Bohannon shows at Wisconsin and Iowa are still going on and helping them make the tournament...so I'm in no hurry to push them out the door if they want to stay for their senior year...while we have some guards and wings coming in and here ready to step up into bigger roles I'm not sure we have bigs ready to roll out.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I'm sure it will....but the Davidson and Bohannon shows at Wisconsin and Iowa are still going on and helping them make the tournament...so I'm in no hurry to push them out the door if they want to stay for their senior year...while we have some guards and wings coming in and here ready to step up into bigger roles I'm not sure we have bigs ready to roll out.

I'm fine with them staying, if that's what they want.  I just prefer they not be the main focus of the offense.  I didn't say that in my post and that's my fault.  They're good players, but we, in my opinion, need playmakers and shooters.  IU has been lacking in those areas for too many years.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 4:43 PM, jv1972iu said:

I'm fine with them staying, if that's what they want.  I just prefer they not be the main focus of the offense.  I didn't say that in my post and that's my fault.  They're good players, but we, in my opinion, need playmakers and shooters.  IU has been lacking in those areas for too many years.  

Understand...we have seen Woody slowly transition the offense away from reliance on Trayce/Race post game little by little. Others are stepping up and filling into important roles. The offense has been pretty stagnant for several years...really starting to open up which is a good thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Understand...we have seen Woody slowly transition the offense away from reliance on Trayce/Race post game little by little. Others are stepping up and filling into important roles. The offense has been pretty stagnant for several years...really starting to open up which is a good thing.

To me what is holding Indiana from being good to being REALLY good is having a closer. Every really good team has someone who with 5 minutes to go he just completely takes over. For Purdue it’s Jaden Ivey for Illinois last year they had Ayo. Once Indiana gets a guy with a killers mentality then we will be at the top again. Trayce seems to turn the ball over when we need him the most and X seeks to sometimes just take the wrong shots instead of letting the game come to him at the end of games. If we get first half X at the end of games our team can make a run but he HAS to stay within himself.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

To me what is holding Indiana from being good to being REALLY good is having a closer. Every really good team has someone who with 5 minutes to go he just completely takes over. For Purdue it’s Jaden Ivey for Illinois last year they had Ayo. Once Indiana gets a guy with a killers mentality then we will be at the top again. Trayce seems to turn the ball over when we need him the most and X seeks to sometimes just take the wrong shots instead of letting the game come to him at the end of games. If we get first half X at the end of games our team can make a run but he HAS to stay within himself.

Hoping that Bates can grow into that role next year....think he has the tools if he works at it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

Hoping that Bates can grow into that role next year....think he has the tools if he works at it.

A summer of watching film with him saying good shot and why, bad shot and why, what the hell were you thinking and why. That is what this kid needs, while eating a plate of cheeseburgers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

A summer of watching film with him saying good shot and why, bad shot and why, what the hell were you thinking and why. That is what this kid needs, while eating a plate of cheeseburgers.

He just has a lot of bad AAU habits in him. Never met a bad shot…he also needs to tighten his handles as when he drives 8 times out 10 he has it stripped away. I anticipate a nice leap for him next year as he matures both physically and mentally with this staff. Remember Ivey was pretty irratic last year too and while much more athletic he has learned to play much more under control (still has some hero ball in him though).

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

• KDB changed the title to 2022 C Jeremy Foumena
On 2/4/2022 at 1:11 PM, slojoe said:

He's very active on offense and defense.  I'm unsure what the level of the competition was.  But he is worth looking at.

The highlights were promising. He looks raw. Usually pick-n-roll defense is an issue with a player that raw. He gets after it though.