Illinois Game Thread

SawatchHoosier

Survived the first half without TJD. They have a shot to take this one but fouls are killing them. If Kofi can hook the defender there's no chance to stop him inside.

TJD has to front and make them lob over him into a double team. Durr did his best. I'm surprised he didn't foul out already so credit to him.

The UI guards are kicking their legs out to get the fouls. CMW has to get on the refs more.

• Like 3

Illinois will pound it inside trying to get #3 on Trayce from the start of the 2nd...we have to start out well and get a lead...this is a lot like their games against Michigan State (at home) and Northwestern (on the road) and the Illini won them both...tough, defensive games...

We have to compete even harder in the 2nd half, and XJ has to get a handle on Frazier...

• Like 1

Just now, IUKane21 said:

Haven’t read any of the thread but just wanted to chime in real quick - if CMW ever decided to go TJD at 4 and Durr 5, like NOW (start of this half), that just might work. Especially against the big BIGS like Edy and Cockburn

I can see that working if Trayce and or Durr had a reliable 15 foot jump shot.

2 minutes ago, IUKane21 said:

Haven’t read any of the thread but just wanted to chime in real quick - if CMW ever decided to go TJD at 4 and Durr 5, like NOW (start of this half), that just might work. Especially against the big BIGS like Edy and Cockburn

I agree. 

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

All of his 3's were wide open and just were short.  The last one he had to take since the clock was at 1

I am ok with him taking because if he hits a couple today and they have to start defending him out there, we would have a huge opportunity. Whereas a miss just doesn't change things much.

As long as we do not work exclusively for it, it is a medium risk, high reward shot.