Illinois Game Thread

SawatchHoosier

7'0 290. IU does not have anyone to match up with that. If you try to play their power game against it you lose. Since TJD never learned that jumpshot he talked about during the offseasons and Race has lost his today, not many choices on offense.

Parker and Kopp with another MIA. Can't trust Bates to get a good high % shot. No Rob. Lander against a vet like Frazier is a loss.

Maybe a miracle happens here at the end but UI has more firepower.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

They are a much better team then us. We had to have a Purdue like performance to win today. Just didn’t happen. 

It’s also a rough matchup for us. TJD isn’t big enough to guard Cockburn and it’s causing our guards to double leaving wide open shooters. We are good enough to beat Illinois but we need to be more efficient on offense and give up less wide open 3s on defense in order to do so. 

• Like 1

I desperately want to make the tournament and I think that is the main goal for this team. It is there to take, but we need to hold serve at home. IL is a bad match up, especially with 27th-year senior Trent Frazier. I feel that Durr and TJD should have played together in this game. Take out Kopp, and move RT to the 3. But what do I know? On to the next one

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

We were still up 46-42 with a good look from Stewart for a 7 point lead. It is not like we came out flat like the UM game but UI is just more talented. Frazier is the key to UI and he just came out on the second half and took the game over.

I never said we played terrible in the first half...I said we didn't look sharp. IU didn't shoot very well, made some bad offensive decisions. We also came out very uninspired in second half...which is unacceptable at home.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

We are being outclassed right now. My optimism about this team might be ahead of reality.

My wife made basically made me quit watching after I said something along the lines of pimps and hoes.  Not my finest moment.  Heading over yo thay prediction thread.  How about 3-6?  Is Illinois really that good?  Seriously?  I've watched a lot of college basketball in my life.  No

Just now, Rev_AK said:

I desperately want to make the tournament and I think that is the main goal for this team. It is there to take, but we need to hold serve at home. IL is a bad match up, especially with 27th-year senior Trent Frazier. I feel that Durr and TJD should have played together in this game. Take out Kopp, and move RT to the 3. But what do I know? On to the next one

It’s really not that complicated and appreciate your take. TJD is useless against bigs who are bigger than him. You, me, all of us, and hopefully CMW sees and understands this. TJD would go crazy against any 4 in the B10 and that’s his role in the league. Yet, we get him in foul trouble, again, against a real 5. Dumbfounded SMFH!?!?

Not the end of the world. Still have at least 5 very winnable games. Really need rob back.

TJD needed to face up and drive Kofi more. Backing down just not going to work

The turn and throw elbow from kofi has to be a foul. Just ridiculous. Give credit to the Illini. Frazier and Plummer can’t shoot on the move and need no space 

• Like 3

Just now, IU Scott said:

Sure can because it is a total embarrassment. This fan base use to stick with the team win or loss.

Nobody is jumping ship from the season…just frustrated after a bad loss when we haven’t played in a week. Give them a break…people blow off steam differently.

• Like 2