Northwestern pre game

Hoosierfan1901

17 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree, and will even take it a step further. 

We have 8 regular season games left. Four vs ranked opponents and 4 vs what you would deem bottom tier (except Rutgers, they're middle of the pack) Big Ten teams. 

We all like to beat ranked teams, looks good for perception and the resume, but the bottom line is IU needs to take care of business against Northwestern, Maryland, Minnesota and Rutgers. 

Teams that finish 7-10 in conference lose to those teams. Teams that finish top 4-6 beat those teams. 

We've already got one loss to PSU, we can't finish the season with 2-3 losses to the bottom tier. 

Take care of those four games and the tournament is an absolute lock. The games against the ranked teams would just be gravy and for seeding. 

Hummel said it during Iowa-MN game. When you're in the middle of the pack, you have to beat the teams behind you and try to pick off a couple ahead of you. 

• Like 3

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I went every year we played there from 2001-2012, and believe me, IU is ALWAYS well represented in Welsh-Ryan arena...the upper level was by far more IU fans than Wildcat boosters...

Fisch said as much when he was doing Doyle's show this morning...

• Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

I went every year we played there from 2001-2012, and believe me, IU is ALWAYS well represented in Welsh-Ryan arena...the upper level was by far more IU fans than Wildcat boosters...

Did you storm the court after the wins? 😁

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I’m guessing it will be 60% NW fans and 40% IU fans

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I’m guessing it will be 60% NW fans and 40% IU fans

I don't know...the night Hot Rod Wilmont lit the Wildcats up for 31 I had a Wildcat fan tell me he'd never heard the arena that loud...

Fisch said for their home game against Rutgers there was only about 3,000 people there (place only holds like 7,000)...you leave the large Hoosier fanbase/alum base in Chicagoland that many tickets they'll snap em up...

Edited by IUFLA

12 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

At least that shrieking woman at Northwestern home games is no longer annoying the hell out of pretty much everyone ... 

I think it was Nebraska that had a woman that sounded like a turkey gobbling everytime an opponent shot a free throw...

Annoying as hell...

22 hours ago, BGleas said:

Agree, and will even take it a step further. 

We have 8 regular season games left. Four vs ranked opponents and 4 vs what you would deem bottom tier (except Rutgers, they're middle of the pack) Big Ten teams. 

We all like to beat ranked teams, looks good for perception and the resume, but the bottom line is IU needs to take care of business against Northwestern, Maryland, Minnesota and Rutgers. 

Teams that finish 7-10 in conference lose to those teams. Teams that finish top 4-6 beat those teams. 

We've already got one loss to PSU, we can't finish the season with 2-3 losses to the bottom tier. 

Take care of those four games and the tournament is an absolute lock. The games against the ranked teams would just be gravy and for seeding. 

Exactly, I don't care how "tough" Northwestern plays people.  Their record says they are a bottom feeder.  This absolutely must be a win.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

The teacher in me hates 9pm weeknight tips. Time difference, I get it. I felt good about the Maryland game before hand...TJD dominates us to a 12 point win tonight.

teacher here agrees.  we have Meet The Teacher Night, so no nap after school for this guy and i am usually getting ready for bed by 9pm.  gonna do my best to stay up.  

56 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

The teacher in me hates 9pm weeknight tips. Time difference, I get it. I felt good about the Maryland game before hand...TJD dominates us to a 12 point win tonight.

I am trying to figure out if I can squeeze a nap in before tip-off.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

I used to like the 9pm starts because I could put the kids to bed and then watch the game in peace. 

Now my kids are old enough to really be into it, so we'll have the 9pm fight where they beg to stay up past their bedtime to watch some of the game. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

teacher here agrees.  we have Meet The Teacher Night, so no nap after school for this guy and i am usually getting ready for bed by 9pm.  gonna do my best to stay up.  

Another teacher here chiming in with agreement with disdain for the 9:00, which will really be 9:12 after the slide, tip.  

Seriously though, isn't it a little late in the year for a meet the teacher night?

14 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I'm disappointed in myself for not getting tickets and going to this one. Hope we get a home and away game with them next year. 

I do feel good about getting the win tonight. Mainly because we will be coming off a loss and I expect a bounce back. The fact we will have fans there will hopefully negate some of their home court advantage. 

• Like 1