Northwestern pre game

Hoosierfan1901

51 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I used to like the 9pm starts because I could put the kids to bed and then watch the game in peace. 

Now my kids are old enough to really be into it, so we'll have the 9pm fight where they beg to stay up past their bedtime to watch some of the game. 

Just let them stay up. At least until half time.

I'm the Uncle that gives his nephews soda after dinner before they leave 😈

• Haha 6

37 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Another teacher here chiming in with agreement with disdain for the 9:00, which will really be 9:12 after the slide, tip.  

Seriously though, isn't it a little late in the year for a meet the teacher night?

painful.  we do one each semester.  we are like 3 weeks into 2nd semester.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I'm disappointed in myself for not getting tickets and going to this one. Hope we get a home and away game with them next year. 

I do feel good about getting the win tonight. Mainly because we will be coming off a loss and I expect a bounce back. The fact we will have fans there will hopefully negate some of their home court advantage. 

If you do, find out what day the single game tickets go on sale before the season starts (they usually post it on their webpage) and call right when the ticket office opens (use to be 8 AM). And keep calling til you get through...the one year I waited til noon, I got shut out and had to buy off of Stubhub at 4X the face value...

You're competing against other IU fans, not the Wildcat faithful...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It's an absolute must win.  Lose and we miss the dance imo which is almost unfathomable.  That said we haven't lost 2 in a row all season.  I predict a double digit win.

The Illinois loss was THE LOSS wasn't it? 

Its been an enjoyable year and we'll still be in the dance but we are a team that gets soundly defeated at home by the number 18 team in the country. THE LOSS that gives us our identity. The truth serum, the litmus test.  Underwood didn't beat Woodson. Their best player was able to impose his will on ours then the caveats that come from that were daggers. In an open gym pick-up setting they would've destroyed us. 

Right now we could be  8-4 behind three teams tied at 9-3 with wins against 2 of them. We would be ranked in the top 20. The narrative nationally would be different and we would be talking about how  we could still win the conference. Instead we are hoping not to fall apart or limp into the conference tournament. It was a huge loss. 

Can we get Syracuse Kopp tonight? 

• Confused 1

55 minutes ago, ba43056 said:

Its been an enjoyable year and we'll still be in the dance but we are a team that gets soundly defeated at home by the number 18 team in the country. THE LOSS that gives us our identity. The truth serum, the litmus test.  Underwood didn't beat Woodson. Their best player was able to impose his will on ours then the caveats that come from that were daggers. In an open gym pick-up setting they would've destroyed us. 

Right now we could be  8-4 behind three teams tied at 9-3 with wins against 2 of them. We would be ranked in the top 20. The narrative nationally would be different and we would be talking about how  we could still win the conference. Instead we are hoping not to fall apart or limp into the conference tournament. It was a huge loss. 

Unfortunately I am resigning myself to "Syracuse Kopp" being the same as "Marquette Fitzner" - please convince me that I am wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, eddy4iu said:

Unfortunately I am resigning myself to "Syracuse Kopp" being the same as "Marquette Fitzner" - please convince me that I am wrong.

Kopp's importance can be seen in RT and TJDs #s and efficiency. 

But ultimately 16-6 currently for MK vs 19-16 for EF's team. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

If you do, find out what day the single game tickets go on sale before the season starts (they usually post it on their webpage) and call right when the ticket office opens (use to be 8 AM). And keep calling til you get through...the one year I waited til noon, I got shut out and had to buy off of Stubhub at 4X the face value...

You're competing against other IU fans, not the Wildcat faithful...

I'm already on the Northwestern Athletics email list. I think some IU fans pay for the season tickets of Northwestern fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ba43056 said:

"We take one must win game at a time and then move on to the next must win game."

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Btw NW opened as a favorite, we currently are a 1pt favorite. ESPN gives NW a 51% to win. 

Please don't pretend like we should just waltz into Evanston and kick the crap out of them. It's not going to happen. Collins is too good.

Find a way to win in the end. 

NW has always been close within 5 or 7 win or lose. They will be expecting to take advantage of IU’s poor play vs. Illinois.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:44 AM, BGleas said:

Agree, and will even take it a step further. 

We have 8 regular season games left. Four vs ranked opponents and 4 vs what you would deem bottom tier (except Rutgers, they're middle of the pack) Big Ten teams. 

We all like to beat ranked teams, looks good for perception and the resume, but the bottom line is IU needs to take care of business against Northwestern, Maryland, Minnesota and Rutgers. 

Teams that finish 7-10 in conference lose to those teams. Teams that finish top 4-6 beat those teams. 

We've already got one loss to PSU, we can't finish the season with 2-3 losses to the bottom tier. 

Take care of those four games and the tournament is an absolute lock. The games against the ranked teams would just be gravy and for seeding. 

I just can’t help but think about how the Archie coached teams and even the Crean teams seemed to fizzle out a lot toward the end of the year.  This team is going to win and lose games, but I want to finally see IU get hot going into the end of the season.  Get some momentum into the BIG Tournament and then in turn take that right into the big dance.  4-4 would be great but long term this team needs to take care of business and get hot at the end of the season.  I am really interested to see what Coach Woody can do to make that happen.  For me that starts tonight 

• Like 3

Woody gets major Kudo's on improving our defense. It's stellar compared to recent years.

But offense?  It's very lacking. No movement, few if any screens other than a high ball screen with the lane plugged up, shooters standing around waiting and watching, and no one other than Gallo making a hard cut. I just don't see the same intensity on offense as I do on defense which is very concerting.

When we feed TJD the ball inside, we go plug up the lane again with our own guy & his defender, making it that much more difficult for TJD to operate. The rest of the guys stand around and watch. I have yet to see any major improvement on offense this deep into the season. Defense? Yes, Offense No.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Forewarning. Surgery today and I am going to be watching the game under the influence of whatever pain killers they are giving me. I take no responsibility for whatever I post during the game thre😁

If your surgeon is like mine, he will inject a bunch of "numbing" medicine into the wound. You might feel much better than you anticipate for a day or 2 out of surgery, thinking "this isn't all that bad". But in day 2-3 you'll feel "different".

So you should be able to enjoy the game tonite.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Forewarning. Surgery today and I am going to be watching the game under the influence of whatever pain killers they are giving me. I take no responsibility for whatever I post during the game thre😁

Changing pronouns?

I kid! I kid!!!

Hope all goes well and you wake up watching a beautiful IU victory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1