New Division 1 School....

3 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Does this mean another new arena in Evansville? I went to USI when it was ISUE.  What kind of facility do they now have.   I've been gone for so long and other than watching the Pearl led title games, don't know much about what is going on there.

Evansville did pretty good at least through the 90s.  Even a Sweet 16.  Don't know if USI can match that.  I guess they have their 1 DIV 2 title vs Evansville's 5.  I realize there is a lot of history for the Aces to draw from but USI in the Sweet 16?   Never say never as Tom Brady says.

The whole Athletics facilities are brand new and just recently opened. Plus the OVC tournament will probably be held at the Ford Center. As far as sweet 16s go, maybe they will be a Cinderella team??

50 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

Does this mean another new arena in Evansville? I went to USI when it was ISUE.  What kind of facility do they now have.   I've been gone for so long and other than watching the Pearl led title games, don't know much about what is going on there.

Evansville did pretty good at least through the 90s.  Even a Sweet 16.  Don't know if USI can match that.  I guess they have their 1 DIV 2 title vs Evansville's 5.  I realize there is a lot of history for the Aces to draw from but USI in the Sweet 16?   Never say never as Tom Brady says.

USI recently built an 5,000 seat state of the art of arena and much more. It’s super nice!

I can't wait for the MVC/OVC challenge.  UE and USI can headline the matchups.  

I can't see UE dropping from D1.  The school may be small but they have that Arena that seats 10k. Thought Lickliter might of fit but seems not to be the case.  There are 2 Millers and maybe Mack available. Maybe Marshall has completed all his anger Management training and his wife graduated from AA. He dominated the MVC at Wichita.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 10:04 AM, ATX_sig said:

I can't wait for the MVC/OVC challenge.  UE and USI can headline the matchups.  

I can't see UE dropping from D1.  The school may be small but they have that Arena that seats 10k. Thought Lickliter might of fit but seems not to be the case.  There are 2 Millers and maybe Mack available. Maybe Marshall has completed all his anger Management training and his wife graduated from AA. He dominated the MVC at Wichita.

I think Crean would be a good fit if he's not ready to go back to broadcasting.