Northwestern Post Game Thread

KDB

2 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

I might be the youngest person on this board. Literally the only good teams I have been old enough to watch were coached by Tom Crean. Think about that. But to assume that I “don’t understand” what IU basketball is or how important it is like what @btownqb said.. complete bogus. I appreciate the history of this program despite not being alive for 95% of the success. I guarantee there are thousands of other fans my age just as passionate as I am. But to say we don’t understand IU basketball because we’re not 35+ is ridiculous.

Excellent post. I do have a question... "02Hoosier" is that your birth year? 02? 

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Do you guys remember the 1500 down and backs Knight made Andre Emmett do to get back on the team after he missed a morning shoot around. I believe that is more than 20 miles. Also was suspended a game as well.

https://www.espn.com/espn/magazine/archives/news/story?page=magazine-20040119-article24

I was going to post... punishments at the college level aren't some walk in the park. Lol 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Do you guys remember the 1500 down and backs Knight made Andre Emmett do to get back on the team after he missed a morning shoot around. I believe that is more than 20 miles. Also was suspended a game as well.

https://www.espn.com/espn/magazine/archives/news/story?page=magazine-20040119-article24

I remember that. That dude could play. 

• Like 1

I have been told to stop living in the past and move on to the present and future.  I probably should and have a question for those people, what are your expectations for this program in the future.  If it is to win conference and national titles what are you basing those expectations on.  It can't be the present or the recent past because nothing in the present would give you those expectations.  So you are basing those expectations on the past that we are to move on from.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have been told to stop living in the past and move on to the present and future.  I probably should and have a question for those people, what are your expectations for this program in the future.  If it is to win conference and national titles what are you basing those expectations on.  It can't be the present or the recent past because nothing in the present would give you those expectations.  So you are basing those expectations on the past that we are to move on from.

I think most including me are basing it off of IU finally got it. They ran from their history for 20 years and finally figured out to be good again they had to bridge the gap. I haven’t seen one person on here say that Woodson was going to take us to a final four in year 1. I personally believe what we are seeing now is Woodson trying to change a toxic culture that has be hovering over IU basketball for the last 20 years. I believe in coach and with the culture change will bring IU back to being a prominent blue blood. I’ll wait to get roasted on this opinion… 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

What does it say?

Just a lot of general talk about the irresponsibility of it, the potential impacts to the tournament goal, and that this wasn't the first time this year some of these guys had been in trouble.  Jim Coyle, who was at the game commented about Stewart seeming to sulk throughout warmups.

One interesting thing that Bozich brought up was that the players room in pairs.  So, the math indicates at least one of the 5 went out to party while his roommate didn't.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I base it on the resources at our disposal to compete. It’s a much more solid thing to base expectations on that history. 

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

IU has 122 years of history and is .634 during that time, so set the expectations where you may. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/indiana/

1 hour ago, BDB said:

IU has 122 years of history and is .634 during that time, so set the expectations where you may. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/indiana/

I did a little digging around on the website you linked and found some pretty interesting stuff. Not sure how this website calculates it’s ratings or how credible it is, but thought it was worth the share. 
AC880941-734C-436A-AB6B-4F0DF80E923E.jpeg.65990bd821bcf5b738fa95b48eb5c485.jpeg

Not surprisingly, their ratings have us as the best defensively, but we do have the 4th best net rating. Interesting to see OSU, MSU, and Wisconsin below us.

Also, I know several people on here were criticizing TJD for how offense last night. Personally, I agree to some extent with those complaints. However,I don’t think he (and Race) get enough praise for their defensive work… it kinda goes unnoticed. 
I don’t want to make this post too long, so I’ll only add a bit more. TJD leads the conference in several defensive categories: blocks, blocks/game, block percentage, defensive rating, and defensive win shares. Who’s second in those last two categories? His running mate Race.966A4F2F-1D17-4774-AC8F-EF022C5432BA.jpeg.2d42174b42f58051eba96ade358fc992.jpeg4AEDD398-3173-480E-BC7A-F748F3D57F3A.jpeg.b9ffc79de60df467e54105a1593468ab.jpeg

Edited by 02Hoosier
  • Like 1