Northwestern Post Game Thread

KDB

3 hours ago, Hoosier83 said:

I think most including me are basing it off of IU finally got it. They ran from their history for 20 years and finally figured out to be good again they had to bridge the gap. I haven’t seen one person on here say that Woodson was going to take us to a final four in year 1. I personally believe what we are seeing now is Woodson trying to change a toxic culture that has be hovering over IU basketball for the last 20 years. I believe in coach and with the culture change will bring IU back to being a prominent blue blood. I’ll wait to get roasted on this opinion… 

Woodson is going to take us to the final four this year. Mark it down. 🤨😅

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

...for more rumors about who will play Sat...if there are gonna be more repercussions, etc.  

Not a rumor, and not sure if this is the correct space for here.  Pre-game during shoot around at NW it was interesting.  You would think only 2 players were suspended, maybe 3.  Stewart and Durr were sitting together in full warmups on the bench with no enthusiasm.  Bates was on the other side talking to Rob.  X and Lander were fully enganged in warmup with energy. To me, I was thinking no way X, Lander and maybe Bates is out.  Made sense at the time that maybe it was true with Steward and Durr. 

Occasionally, Stewart would have a ball roll his way and he would get up and chuck a long 3.   Again, this was during shoot around, not during the team warmup before opening tip.  

So, back to your question - based on engagement with the team, one has to think others took notice, which can be linked to playing time.  My first impression of these players live was from what was mentioned above.  

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Not a rumor, and not sure if this is the correct space for here.  Pre-game during shoot around at NW it was interesting.  You would think only 2 players were suspended, maybe 3.  Stewart and Durr were sitting together in full warmups on the bench with no enthusiasm.  Bates was on the other side talking to Rob.  X and Lander were fully enganged in warmup with energy.  Occasionally, Stewart would have a ball roll his way and he would get up and chuck a long 3.   Again, this was during shoot around, not during the team warmup before opening tip.  

So, back to your question - based on engagement with the team, one has to think others took notice, which can be linked to playing time.  My first impression of these players live was from what was mentioned above.  

thanks for the info.  that actually bothers me more than curfew/drugs.  sounds weird maybe, but not supporting your teammates and not taking responsibility for your mistakes is huge to me.  i would hope that is reflected in plying time and roles on Sat.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

thanks for the info.  that actually bothers me more than curfew/drugs.  sounds weird maybe, but not supporting your teammates and not taking responsibility for your mistakes is huge to me.  i would hope that is reflected in plying time and roles on Sat.

Same with me!  All I can go by is what I see and first impressions when the tv cameras are not rolling.  That is my only inside look this year that wasn't done by a marketing major or position.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

I agree. What a crappy attitude after getting punished.

Not that it isn't a big deal that they broke rules and got suspended, but the fact that they acted this way AFTER that is telling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree. What a crappy attitude after getting punished.

Not that it isn't a big deal that they broke rules and got suspended, but the fact that they acted this way AFTER that is telling. 

Especially since Stewart has already been suspended for team rules, and Durr had those games after the Purdue win where he didn't play. It's not a good look for those two.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

Not a rumor, and not sure if this is the correct space for here.  Pre-game during shoot around at NW it was interesting.  You would think only 2 players were suspended, maybe 3.  Stewart and Durr were sitting together in full warmups on the bench with no enthusiasm.  Bates was on the other side talking to Rob.  X and Lander were fully enganged in warmup with energy. To me, I was thinking no way X, Lander and maybe Bates is out.  Made sense at the time that maybe it was true with Steward and Durr. 

Occasionally, Stewart would have a ball roll his way and he would get up and chuck a long 3.   Again, this was during shoot around, not during the team warmup before opening tip.  

I heard 5 broke curfew, 3 broke another team rule.  Your post indicates 2 were engaged (curfew breakers only?) and 3 were not (other violation). Your post indicates 2 of the 3 were sulking and it is known that those 2 have previously been in doghouse.  The other who was not engaged in the shootaround is a freshman talking to (being mentored by?) a team captain.

Those puzzle pieces seem to go together. 

Will be interesting to see if some of the suspensions are lifted for MSU while others are not.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I heard 5 broke curfew, 3 broke another team rule.  Your post indicates 2 were engaged (curfew breakers only?) and 3 were not (other violation). Your post indicates 2 of the 3 were sulking and it is known that those 2 have previously been in doghouse.  The other who was not engaged in the shootaround is a freshman talking to (being mentored by?) a team captain.

Those puzzle pieces seem to go together. 

Will be interesting to see if some of the suspensions are lifted for MSU while others are not.

Nobody told me there was going to be math.......

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

41f01cf10b11988c2883395a28c77e9a.jpeg

...for more rumors about who will play Sat...if there are gonna be more repercussions, etc.  

I posted something on this on the main basketball page in the IU season thread because I thought it might get lost in an old game thread.  There is new news.

Edited by thirdgenhoosier

42 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I posted something on this on the main basketball page in the IU season thread because I thought it might get lost in an old game thread.  There is new news.

Why don’t you tell us what the new news is instead of making us go search for it?  Since you already posted this here.

5 minutes ago, psychobat said:

Why don’t you tell us what the new news is instead of making us go search for it?  Since you already posted this here.

Honestly?  Because I thought it was more useful to move this conversation to the IU season thread because the fallout could potentially have an impact beyond this one game.  You didn't have to hunt very hard to find it.  I told you right where it is.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Honestly?  Because I thought it was more useful to move this conversation to the IU season thread because the fallout could potentially have an impact beyond this one game.  You didn't have to hunt very hard to find it.  I told you right where it is.

Yes, but I’m old and lazy 😟

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I was actually hoping you would read it to me.  :coffee:

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2022 at 8:31 AM, IUFLA said:

We should be willing to give people chances...But there is a limit...

Our society is littered with people who've had multiple chances and never made good on any of them...

And in my case, I'm working my ass off to fix it. And I will, and rehab is working better than I ever imagined. 

Parker Stewart lost his dad at a young age.  I lost my dad at 21, I held his hand as he died of a heart attack. PK is going through some stuff y'all don't understand.

Maybe I should talk to him. 

• Like 5