Northwestern Post Game Thread

KDB

This is a perfect example of why IU fans are always waiting for the other shoe to drop. It never seems to end. 

Not one or two suspended. Five! And on a night they play a very winnable road game they absolutely need to win. 

How does a team that has done nothing/achieved nothing have this much stupidity?

I'd like CMW to invite whoever wants to leave to go now. It's probably against school and NCAA rules to run them till they fall but that's what I'd like to see.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I'm disappointed in a lot tonight, mostly the five who got suspended and a lot of the reactions I'm seeing.

TJD absolutely needed to be better, no doubt about it. But the guys who played tonight left everything they had on the floor and I'm proud of them for that. I'm proud of Woody for making a really hard decision. I'm confident that this program and probably even this 2022 version of the Hoosiers will be better for that type of leadership. 

Great post! I'm being a little hard on TJD, just because he's our best player and we needed him to step up and he didn't, but your post is completely spot on. 

The 5 suspended take the brunt of this loss. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ephul said:

If there was a leader on this team, those five players would feel a new low. If your TJD, there should be some serious reckoning if your kept from the NCAA because of them. 

If tjd can’t step up in times like this, maybe he should not be going to ncaa

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Trace needs to shoot better.  Use the glass.  Learn to use that right hand.  Hit from 10'.  Do something other than lean in and throw it up hoping it goes in.

This loss isn't him, but he should have had 25pts in this game

Even without those 5 and how NW played if TJD had his normal game we win

• Like 3

With respect to what happened on the court tonight, in addition to what others have pointed out with respect to TJD and others, Jordan has got to play smarter. He picked up 4 fouls, and all 4 were ticky tack bad fouls, and on a night when we really needed him on the court.

Tons of talent there, and he had a beautiful pass fake and knocked down the open 3 from it, so hoping he can learn from this going forward. 

• Like 1

Galloway showed tonight that he needs all of Kopps minutes. If Kopp is starting next game, I’ll be incredibly disappointed in Woody. How many 1-7 performances do we need to stomach from the guy? That being said, Galloway needs to play with some assemblance of control and composure...hopefully not making him play point forward will help with some of that. Hard to be mad at the 6 guys who got screwed over by the others. How many times is Durr going to be suspended this season for conduct detrimental??? This one is a tough pill to swallow 

• Like 1

I know previous violations have been super-secret, but from where I sit this is punishment #2 for at least Stewart, Durr, and likely Lander.  Bates, as well, missed a game earlier that did not seem to fit with the timing of the family issue.  When guys screw up multiple times in the same season, if I'm coach, I might be considering whether some of these guys are welcome back.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I know previous violations have been super-secret, but from where I sit this is punishment #2 for at least Stewart, Durr, and likely Lander.  Bates, as well, missed a game earlier that did not seem to fit with the timing of the family issue.  When guys screw up multiple times in the same season, if I'm coach, I might be considering whether some of these guys are welcome back.  

Can I get an amen.

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

I'm pissed and I may cool off by tomorrow, but there are 2 and maybe 3 guys who I would ask to leave the program if this game ends up costing us a tournament appearance.

I would be so mad at those 5 guys if I was on the team, particularly if I was one of the guys who has been around here for the past few years and suffered through some really poor seasons.

I agree.  Even aside from the transgression that led to the suspensions.

We have 2 starters that have shown they don't deserve to be playing significant minutes.  Two freshman that have underwhelmed.  Zero players that have shown the ability to create their own shot or consistently hit 3 pointers.  A second year 5-star that doesn't belong at this level of play, and we lack toughness.

Mike Woodson needs to do what he's got to do to build this team.  A couple of recruits and hoping for "development" won't be enough.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Woodson was asked why they were on the bench and dressed, and he said because they're still part of the team. 

He definitely ripped the 5 guys though. 

Also said he doesn't know if this will be just one game. 

• Like 4