Northwestern Post Game Thread

KDB

Culture is a tough thing to build in today's environment. In fact, I'm not sure it can be done. Given the past few years, it's hard for me to understand how kids can put their own interests above the goals of the team.  And how could they not know what CMW would do in response? I'm disappointed in these young men. Privilege comes with responsibility. That at this point in the season we have young men who don't understand that, is beyond disappointing.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Or the suspended guys didn't really impact him playing. Were we going to play Race at the 3 or something? 

TJD needed more rest than he got. He’s crashing the driver every time one of their guards went to the rim. Takes a lot out of a big kid. I suspect that contributed to his poor scoring in the 2nd Half. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Mods, please delete if you feel this is inappropriate:

Saw a post on another site.  States a source close to the situation says the players were caught sneaking back into the hotel, smelling of, and possibly possessing Marijuana.  

That somewhat meshes with what I heard but 2 of the guys were less egregious than the other 3.  Like 2 violated curfew and 3 violated curfew and smelled like Snoop Dogg's dressing room. 

Edited by IUCrazy2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

So, if the above a true, does the athletic department drug test the players when they get back to Bloomington, and if those come back positive, is there additional punishment?  

If they test and it is second fail, they are automatic 3 game.  If it is first fail it is coach's decision I believe. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Mods, please delete if you feel this is inappropriate:

Saw a post on another site.  States a source close to the situation says the players were caught sneaking back into the hotel, smelling of, and possibly possessing Marijuana.  

This is all I have heard most the season is how much marijuana this team does. Some of the names I heard were still on the court tonight. Brings flash backs to the Sampson team.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

So, if the above a true, does the athletic department drug test the players when they get back to Bloomington, and if those come back positive, is there additional punishment?  

I'm being honest with personal experience. I don't care about weed. I would much rather them stay away from alcohol.  They could still test positive for alcohol consumption up to 3-4 days later. 

Alcohol will affect their game way more than weed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm being honest with personal experience. I don't care about weed. I would much rather them stay away from alcohol.  They could still test positive for alcohol consumption up to 3-4 days later. 

I would prefer them stay away from breaking the law.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Don't disagree with you.  But, when it's a team/program rule and breaking that rule has negative consequences to the team, then the players involved need to do some soul searching and decide what is important to them.  

• Like 1