Northwestern Post Game Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, Indykev said:

This is all I have heard most the season is how much marijuana this team does. Some of the names I heard were still on the court tonight. Brings flash backs to the Sampson team.

Are you honestly saying this? Not discounting or discrediting your contributions to the board obviously but saying this type of stuff?

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Don't disagree with you.  But, when it's a team/program rule and breaking that rule has negative consequences to the team, then the players involved need to do some soul searching and decide what is important to them.  

I agree. And CMW just benched half his team so they could watch them see how much they need them. 

If they can't figure it out after that then they're probably gone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

Unfortunately I have got caught breaking the law more than once. 

We all break the law, even you, it's all about who gets caught. 

We all should get mercy and forgiveness.  

I'm about accountability and holding those accountable. Mercy and forgiveness are down the line.

• Like 2

I apologize for earlier and you guys were right that I am a hypocrite.  Just frustrated with how the program is at this time.  It seems like every time it looks like we turned a corner we get knocked back.  Maybe this program is cursed or something.  Maybe us older fans were so spoiled with winning when we were young we are now getting the losing.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I apologize for earlier and you guys were right that I am a hypocrite.  Just frustrated with how the program is at this time.  It seems like every time it looks like we turned a corner we get knocked back.  Maybe this program is cursed or something.  Maybe us older fans were so spoiled with winning when we were young we are now getting the losing.

IU is going to be OK. For the first time in a long time I know we will. Coach Woodson is changing things. We've messed it up for so long we don't know what right is. Coach Woodson is right.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hoosier82 said:

Absolutely. Real NBA level prospects are all business, no funny stuff. This is why you don’t see Duke’s freshman getting into this kinda petty trouble. 

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article255858341.html#:~:text=Two Duke basketball players face,with aiding and abetting DWI. Say what? 

• Like 2

I think IU will make significant changes going forward. I think those that don’t want to buy back in or care will be gone or not play at the end of the season. Stewart will need to earn his starting gig back.  I would not be surprised if Durr and Stewart never buy back into the program and once March 18ish rolls around both are gone along with Lander, and Duccomb. That’s all fine those players are replaceable. Because right now I’m at the point where we I want people who care about the university to be apart of the program. I would take 6 Galloways  and 6 Thompson’s right now. That team might not win more then half the games but atleast we know we have players who are accountable and want to work hard. i hate the rebuild talk but… If Trayce and Race leave I rather have a hard reset and move forward with high character players that want to work hard/ be ambassadors of the University. Along with the recruiting class we have. 

• Like 3

I'm sure my opinion won't be popular, but I am not absolute in my confidence in the decision Coach Woodson made. Certainly there are rules for which suspending five players is the right call, so I'm not saying I disagree with him either, but the two things I have seen speculated on are missing curfew and smoking weed. And if either of those are the things that happened, I think suspending five players is the wrong call. If it's either of those things, you make guys run. You make guys show up at 5am every morning for a month and run, but to do this to the team is an overreaction. It will hurt this team, it will hurt recruiting and it is the wrong decision.