Jump to content

IU NFL Player News


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

How would you rank their odds of making a roster?

I see it as:

1) McFadden

2) Hendershot

3) Fryfogle

I agree. One thing about our guys. All of our guys play SPT in college.. all three of these guys will be much, much more draftable if they can contribute there. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, btownqb said:

4.49 and 4.55 

Two solid times for Ty. 

I know he had a down year for him last year but some GM in a passing offense organization is going to steal this kid in the late round and pat himself on the back for years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I know he had a down year for him last year but some GM in a passing offense organization is going to steal this kid in the late round and pat himself on the back for years. 

Colts?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rico said:

Colts?

I think anyone who would want a WR who can play inside or outside and not afraid to block would be worth a pick after round 5 or so. I'm not saying he's Keenan Allen by any means...but similar size/speed. Allen was drafted in 3rd round and routinely catches a 100 passes a year because of their system. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Guess I should throw this in here. McFadden gets 4 years and $4M....$355k sign on bonus. Likely the latter is the only guarantee but good for the kid to get some breathing room starting off in life. Wish him the very best with Giants.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess I should throw this in here. McFadden gets 4 years and $4M....$355k sign on bonus. Likely the latter is the only guarantee but good for the kid to get some breathing room starting off in life. Wish him the very best with Giants.

Yep. Hit a couple incentives in SPT and being healthy/on the roster. $$$

Then simply be smart. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Caleb Jones has been practicing with the 2's all week. Really hoping he makes the 53 for Packers....all write ups/fan reactions,etc.....all very positive about him. The consistent comment is how good he is on his feet for a guy that big. Hope the coaches feel the same way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Caleb Jones has been practicing with the 2's all week. Really hoping he makes the 53 for Packers....all write ups/fan reactions,etc.....all very positive about him. The consistent comment is how good he is on his feet for a guy that big. Hope the coaches feel the same way. 

Has he been a guard? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Has he been a guard? 

RT this week. Packers have had some injuries along the line so he's been moving up the depth chart. Spoke with his Dad last week who has never had anything but kind words to say about IU Coaching Staff. All he said is that Caleb has learned a ton this summer. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

RT this week. Packers have had some injuries along the line so he's been moving up the depth chart. Spoke with his Dad last week who has never had anything but kind words to say about IU Coaching Staff. All he said is that Caleb has learned a ton this summer. 

I think Caleb was really hurt from Covid. I know they mentioned how much weight he had gained before that season. Regardless, I'm rooting for him. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, btownqb said:

I think Caleb was really hurt from Covid. I know they mentioned how much weight he had gained before that season. Regardless, I'm rooting for him. 

Pack had him at LT tonight. Guess he smashed somebody a few times. From a fans perspective the prevailing thought from Packer fans is they are hoping he makes the 53.....and I don't know the rules but they are saying if the Packers try to put him on practice squad someone is going to snatch him up. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know twitter is the last place to value things but Cowboy fans love Hendershot. He could be a great hedge to Schultz. Really hoping for a few of these guys this coming week. Hendershot, Jones, McFadden....worse case scenario practice squad. They get $11,500 for each week of practice squad I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I know twitter is the last place to value things but Cowboy fans love Hendershot. He could be a great hedge to Schultz. Really hoping for a few of these guys this coming week. Hendershot, Jones, McFadden....worse case scenario practice squad. They get $11,500 for each week of practice squad I think. 

  Was listening to some sports radio tonight.  Cowboys reporter was being interviewed.  He said 100% that Hendershot would make the team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Tegray Scales with 7 tackles, 5 solo, and caused a fumble in Bengals win over the Rams 16-7.

Still a stretch for him to make the roster.  But maybe the practice squad.  Would be nice since he's a local kid.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...