Michigan State Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

1 hour ago, GaloisGroupe said:

Honestly, I wish Coach Woodson would force TJD to shoot a few more jumpers as well (maybe not 3 pointers). I think he can hit them as well, you just needs a few to go through the hoop in a game. 

Until he changes his "jump" shot to something other than his free throw style, I'd just as soon he not shoot the jumpers. Probably has less an 10% chance of making them. Certainly not going to get "hot" from 10-15'.

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

I'm not betting we win 7 and i'm not betting we lose 7. You never know what is around the corner with this group. Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute is how we should all think with this bunch. Its like watching re-runs of the past.

If indeed it is a re-run of the past, I prefer a Knight era episode.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Indykev said:

I'm not betting we win 7 and i'm not betting we lose 7. You never know what is around the corner with this group. Day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute is how we should all think with this bunch. Its like watching re-runs of the past.

Yeah so hard to know.  We seem to always respond well after a bad loss but MSU has lost what 3 in a row?  They're also playing at home where we almost never win.  Both teams are very desperate. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Coach Robby said:

The effort we see tomorrow will be a huge telling factor on how the rest of the season goes. Not the result of the game, but the 40 minute effort given by whomever plays any amount of minutes. I think it gets that deep with CMW

Watched part of Izzo's pre-game presser. He discussed that very thing. I gotta believe MSU's practices were INTENSE.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Unfortunately, we are not the only team with something to prove today.  Combine the fact that MSU has been a better program when it comes to 'proving' things over the last few years with the fact that they are at home means we may not have hit bottom yet.

I hope you’re wrong, but you’re probably right….but wouldn’t it be nice to be surprised! That’s why we’re fans and watch with such anticipation.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I’m less concerned about getting a win today and more concerned about playing hard and smart, especially from the 5 guys who were suspended last game. 

If the 5 don't play their hearts out today and leave it all on the court, it will be a troubling sign.

That said, I do think they will play hard.

Go Hoosiers!!

• Like 3