Build Your Own Team

5fouls

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Could go to YouTube and watch some of those teams

I see two games from the 70s on there. I have watched 5 mins of the 1976 NC game since your post. Buckner doesn't dribble left handed and they aren't guarding him past 12ft. 

What in the actual world am I watching? lol 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah 3 of these lineups were before I was born. I don't know enough about the first 15 guys to build a roster. Two of these teams were both 8+ years before I was born. 

Keep in mind that I did ask the mods to create an 'Over 35 Only' forum and they refused.  :coffee:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Keep in mind that I did ask the mods to create an 'Over 35 Only' forum and they refused.  :coffee:

Wilkerson took a massive elbow though. Holy poop. Dad always told me about that when he tells those stories, obviously along with the fact we go back to back undefeated if May isn't hurt. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I see two games from the 70s on there. I have watched 5 mins of the 1976 NC game since your post. Buckner doesn't dribble left handed and they aren't guarding him past 12ft. 

What in the actual world am I watching? lol 

I am just saying that the other day you said that even though you were young you knew what IU basketball was about.  By the way the second half of a lot better in that game.  The old game I recommend is the ,81 game in the first round against Maryland.  That is the most dominant game I have ever seen IU play.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am just saying that the other day you said that even though you were young you knew what IU basketball was about.  By the way the second half of a lot better in that game.  The old game I recommend is the ,81 game in the first round against Maryland.  That is the most dominant game I have ever seen IU play.

Watching basketball without a 3pt line is boring. 

• Haha 1

Watford is just perfect as a 4 man with the way the game is played now. The more I try and come up with lineups in my head, I have to include him because of his unique, elite skill. 

I think Scott May is a 4 in modern basketball, as well. Big time mismatch. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 3

Just now, IUFLA said:

1) Isiah Thomas 

2) Steve Alford 

3) Scott May

4) Landon Turner

5) Cody Zeller

Bench: Quinn Buckner, Daryl Thomas, Trayce Jackson-Davis

You have 2 starters from the '81 team and none from this year's team.  Every team listed must have 1 player in the starting lineup.  And, you just can't switch out Turner for TJD.  TJD has to play the 5.

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Watford is just perfect as a 4 man with the way the game is played now. The more I try and come up with lineups in my head, I have to include him because of his unique, elite skill. 

100% agree on Watford.  After I. Thomas and Alford, Watford was the easiest roster spot for me to pick.  Unfortunately, since I was going to pick Race from this year's team, Watford has to come off the bench for me.  

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What position did you think Isaiah Livers played for Michigan last year?

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Watching basketball without a 3pt line is boring. 

Well if you want to watch a older game with a 3 then watch games from 92 or 93. They didn't shoot a lot of 3's but hit a high percentage and they ran the effecient offense I remember. Watch the 92 tournament games and that was a beautiful offense to watch.  The played a fast pace and usually shot within 3 passes most of the time.  They averaged like 83 points that season. Watch the elite 8 game against UCLA.

Just now, IU Scott said:

That 76 team didn't take that many long shots but before the 3 there were still plenty of players who would shoot from 24+ feet

I just don't enjoy it. I've never watched a game without it. Like that replay looked like a different sport, almost. Rules were enforced much more literally then, just such a difference. It was 21-20 and there wasn't a ball screen set, yet. lol 

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

100% agree on Watford.  After I. Thomas and Alford, Watford was the easiest roster spot for me to pick.  Unfortunately, since I was going to pick Race from this year's team, Watford has to come off the bench for me.  

44% 6'9 3pt shooter that is top 10 in rebounding at our university. There are worse players to use in a pinch off the bench haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rico said:

1)  Isiah Thomas

2)  Steve Alford

3)  Scott May

4)  Race Thompson

5)  Cody Zeller

Reserves:  Randy Wittman, Christian Watford, and Kent Benson

*  Hope I did it right as I was trying to put the "Hurryin'" back into the Hoosiers.  

You gotcha some shooters.  Alford, May, Wittman, and Watford would be lethal, especially with IT running the point.  You're going to have to play IT heavy minutes though.