Michigan State Post Game Thread

KDB

9 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Yup. Seems to be conflicting reports about what actually happened, but that's a high price to pay for something off the court that didn't involve the cops. Maybe it had to be done, but I have my doubts.

The problem with today's society is the lack of holding kids accountable.  You need to know if you doing something wrong there will be consequences.  Woodson did the right thing.

• Like 1

I had it recorded and didn’t watch the last ten minutes because I’ve seen this show before. I didn’t expect to win the game because MSU was also on the verge of a 3 game losing streak. Izzo was going to bring it. The Izzone was going to bring it. And they both did.

Refs suck. Free throws suck. All the technicals and flagrants (not blaming the refs for those) killed out momentum. 

We needed Rob back yesterday. 

Side note about refs: The game was beyond physical and then they call these stupid chippy fouls. The players don’t know how to adjust to this crap when there are no whistles for tackling each other and then get a whistle for fighting through a screen. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Getting the suspended players did absolutely no good...

I really don't know where CMW goes from here.

He goes on the recruiting trail and to the portal. He's been in the game too long to not see what is needed. Meanwhile, salvage what he can from the rest of the season.

32 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

My thought in the first half - we’re getting open shots, but have the wrong guys shooting them (i guess that’s why they were open). 

i haven’t the slightest idea what happened in the second half. 

Izzo adjusted as usual and we did the same thing.  Didn't work.  Didn't hit shots and missed many free throws.  Plus they were getting some good ole home cooking. And with that, they hit alot of their free throws

25 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I’m sorry, but posts like, this after a game, are just absolutely ridiculous.!!!

Good Grief!! 🤬

I try to bite my tongue, but MAN, I’m just as frustrated as anyone. The best thing Coach Woodson did last game was to bench those 5 players! That’s takes a bigger man to do what he did. 

Absolutely the right thing to do!

I’m not sure if Stewart or the refs were the more frustrating thing to watch this afternoon.

This team has six games left. They have to dig in. They have four games most would call very winnable games, and the two that don’t fall into that category are against teams we have already beaten. I hope the next six games are treated like an audition for who wants to be here next year. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have to wonder if TJD injury is still bothering him.  Since that fall at Nebraska he hasn't been the same.

There is no way he was 100% against Purdue.

Not usually a fan of calling players punks but good grief Sparty was out of control.   IU has to match physicality but do they need to match trash talk?  
will be interesting to see how next Sparty Game is reffed 

Edited by Purdue7
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

First of all this isn't about this game or the refs cost us the game.  I have watched a lot of other big ten games that we didn't play in and the refs are bad in those games well.  The big ten conference should be embarrassed by the way the games are officiated and how bad individual refs are.  This game was so poorly officiated and they put themselves ahead of the game.  The game shouldn't be about the refs at all.

Agree here. You guys got screwed today. How can Bo manage to piss off EVERY B1G fanbase? 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

There is no way he was 100% against Purdue.

Not usually a fan of calling players punks but good grief Sparty was out of control.   IU has to match physicality but do they need to match trash talk?  
will be interesting to see how next Sparty Game is reffed 

11 and 25 are punks

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Getting the suspended players did absolutely no good...

I really don't know where CMW goes from here.

At this point its a 3 year build at least. you can't beat a soul if you cant shoot the ball. Our best player cant hit on a regular basis from 2 feet away but he thinks he is NBA ready. shhhhhh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The big ten is just ugly basketball for the most part. This game was out of control in the first five minutes. State provoked our players and the refs blamed the Hoosiers. exactly what Sleezo was asking out of them. The officiating in the big ten is by and large why the conference struggles in the tournament. No rhythm at all in this game. Recruit a few good athletes but above all recruit work ethic and basketball players. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well right now UM is not happy with the big ten officials.  These big ten games are just to physical and no flow to the games.  I think one difference in the big ten is that a lot of teams best players are big men.  I see a lot of other teams around the country where their big men are more of a screener and getting points off of rebounds.  They don't run their offense through the post and they seem to spread the floor out better.

• Like 3