Michigan State Post Game Thread

KDB

29 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Disclaimer: I did not watch the game today. As a matter if fact, I did not watch the previous 2 games either. But I watched this Youtube video tonight, and this guy is pissed and says CMW needs to get control and fast.

He is a nut but agree with him about the strength coach.  I know you need to have strength but I don't care if they look like body builders.  I care more about the players basketball abilities such as shooting.

• Like 3

20 years ago, Tom Izzo was my favorite B1G coach.  I secretly wished for him to take over the IU program.  20 years later, I despise the man.  the rape allegations, his behavior on the court and in postgame press conferences, the way his players were acting today, it's all an embarrassing s#!tshow.  I really do not understand how a man behaves as he has, and can still look at himself in the mirror.  He's constantly whining, and crying, someone said it earlier, but his team is emulating his poor sportsmanship, and it is really sad for me, someone who once held him in high regard.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Muddy River said:

20 years ago, Tom Izzo was my favorite B1G coach.  I secretly wished for him to take over the IU program.  20 years later, I despise the man.  the rape allegations, his behavior on the court and in postgame press conferences, the way his players were acting today, it's all an embarrassing s#!tshow.  I really do not understand how a man behaves as he has, and can still look at himself in the mirror.  He's constantly whining, and crying, someone said it earlier, but his team is emulating his poor sportsmanship, and it is really sad for me, someone who once held him in high regard.

Same. 100%

Just now, BGleas said:

A lot to talk about with the team, program, etc., but all I want to say first is that Big Ten officiating is absolute trash!!

That was a ridiculous display. 

I can't believe the conference can't see this is a problem and it needs fixed.  I have always thought the NCAA should be over all the refs and make them fulltime employees.  They should set all the schedules for the refs and have refs do other conferences.

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

I can't believe the conference can't see this is a problem and it needs fixed.  I have always thought the NCAA should be over all the refs and make them fulltime employees.  They should set all the schedules for the refs and have refs do other conferences.

It's ridiculous. I don’t think the conference even sees a problem. 

42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He is a nut but agree with him about the strength coach.  I know you need to have strength but I don't care if they look like body builders.  I care more about the players basketball abilities such as shooting.

One has nothing to do with the other. The strength and conditioning takes place when they can’t do on court stuff since they have limited time especially in the off season. I didn’t understand them bringing those pictures up for this game since those pictures were from 4 and 2 years ago. 

Just now, BGleas said:

It's ridiculous. I don’t think the conference even sees a problem. 

It doesn’t help that the conference commissioner has proven to be pretty incompetent at his job. So I’m sure the people under him that handle officiating aren’t exactly forced to do their job at the highest level. 

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

One has nothing to do with the other. The strength and conditioning takes place when they can’t do on court stuff since they have limited time especially in the off season. I didn’t understand them bringing those pictures up for this game since those pictures were from 4 and 2 years ago. 

I just think since Marshall got here our shooting had been horrendous and that good shooters like Kopp and Stewart are now struggling shooting.  I know things had changed but when I was as younger basketball players didn't really do a lot of weight training.

Just now, IU Scott said:

I just think since Marshall got here our shooting had been horrendous and that good shooters like Kopp and Stewart are now struggling shooting.  I know things had changed but when I was as younger basketball players didn't really do a lot of weight training.

But every team does it, they do it. Cliff Marshall is doing what every other major program S&C is doing.

Every NBA player does and those guys are phenomenal shooters. It's not Cliff Marshall. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Woodson desperately needs to find some wings and a stretch 4 in the portal. 

It depends on who comes back but probably need a really good PG. I don't think JHS should be thrown right into being the PG.  I hope Bates and JHS can be the wings to go with a true PG.  That way you have two guys who can be the primary ball handler.  I really would love to see Race come back to he the main interior player 

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

But every team does it, they do it. Cliff Marshall is doing what every other major program S&C is doing.

Every NBA player does and those guys are phenomenal shooters. It's not Cliff Marshall. 

It has to be something and it has been through to coaching staffs and a lot of different players.  There had been one constant during that time period.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It depends on who comes back but probably need a really good PG. I don't think JHS should be thrown right into being the PG.  I hope Bates and JHS can be the wings to go with a true PG.  That way you have two guys who can be the primary ball handler.  I really would love to see Race come back to he the main interior player 

Sure, I'll take a pg too, but I'd be fine if XJ came back. But regardless of our pg situation, our wings give us virtually nothing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

It has to be something and it has been through to coaching staffs and a lot of different players.  There had been one constant during that time period.

It's not Cliff Marshall. Crean's S&C coaches did the same stuff. 

Crean recruited shooters, Archie didn't. Woodson is trying to dig out of that hole. XJ isn't a shooter. Phinsee isn't a shooter, our bigs aren't shooters. Kopp was always a streaky shooter, his 3pt percentage wasn't great last year. 

Parker Stewart is shooting over 45% from 3. 

We need to recruit shooters and play/shot-makers. 

• Thanks 1