Michigan State Post Game Thread

KDB

51 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

Agree here. You guys got screwed today. How can Bo manage to piss off EVERY B1G fanbase? 

By being a dufus.  It’s not that he’s out to get IU.  It’s that’s he’s an idiot in general. I’m tired of being polite about it.  Some people aren’t as smart as others.  It’s not politically correct to say that, but it’s true.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Well right now UM is not happy with the big ten officials.  These big ten games are just to physical and no flow to the games.  I think one difference in the big ten is that a lot of teams best players are big men.  I see a lot of other teams around the country where their big men are more of a screener and getting points off of rebounds.  They don't run their offense through the post and they seem to spread the floor out better.

It's what we need to do, too. 

If you look at the good Crean teams (which I think honestly have a really good offensive design for modern basketball, but not perfect), we didn't play through the post even though we almost always had an NBA big on the team. You need dynamic guards and wings to win in basketball, period. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I was going to say that X was taken out by fouls.  On a couple of them, basically nothing happened.  With Phin out, we struggle without X out there.  Our defense got really leaky off the drive and our flow on offense wasn’t there.  

And their PG should have been ejected in the first half instead of with 4 minutes to go....

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

And their PG should have been ejected in the first half instead of with 4 minutes to go....

How many times did they get in our face and openly taunt?  Six?   I didn’t see us do anything remotely like that.  

When you turn and openly do it in somebody’s face, it elicits a call.  I remember Trayce getting one of those several games ago.  

The double tech with Miller was also a cowardly BS call.

Izzo should be really proud of how his team represents his university.  I guess they haven’t been accused of rape yet so they’re ahead of his other teams.   No respect for them and I haven’t said that about Michigan or Illinois after we got waxed.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

How many tones did they get in our face and openly taunt?  Six?   I didn’t see us do anything remotely like that.  

When you turn and openly do it in somebody’s face, it elicits a call.  I remember Trayce getting one of those.  

Izzo should be really proud.

Michigan State emulates their leader. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I know people gets tired of me looking at the past but RMK didn't play play through the post.  Not saying we never through into the post but we never just posted a man and just try to get it into them.  In the motion offense everybody moved and screened and it got guys good looks in tbe post.

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Michigan State emulates their leader. 

Yep. Protects rapists (allegedly) and never knew that the biggest pedophile this country has seen besides 1  happened a hundred yards from his office in Larry Nassar yet he knew nothing. 

PS....for the guys who make bucks off of IU basketball I applaud you and get it. Just don't be the girl or guy who says Coach Woodson is needing to understand things about roster and roster management. Dude has been on the job for 270 days. We've screwed this thing up for 20 years. Give it a few years before that. 

Sometimes I love and despise our fans. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I know people gets tired of me looking at the past but RMK didn't play play through the post.  Not saying we never through into the post but we never just posted a man and just try to get it into them.  In the motion offense everybody moved and screened and it got guys good looks in tbe post.

I think you meant to respond to a different post I made, but I agree with you that throwing the ball into the post isn't an efficient offense. I just don't think that's what good teams do today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jojo123 said:

The big ten is just ugly basketball for the most part. This game was out of control in the first five minutes. State provoked our players and the refs blamed the Hoosiers. exactly what Sleezo was asking out of them. The officiating in the big ten is by and large why the conference struggles in the tournament. No rhythm at all in this game. Recruit a few good athletes but above all recruit work ethic and basketball players. 

Over the past 30 years we are 2nd to the ACC in tournament win total and tournament win percentage. We are on a dry spell for championships, but we have not struggled in the to tournament.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HoosierDom said:

Over the past 30 years we are 2nd to the ACC in tournament win total and tournament win percentage. We are on a dry spell for championships, but we have not struggled in the to tournament.

How about the last 10 years because that seems like when the big ten became to physical.  There are reasons why the big ten aren't getting very many top 25 recruits and the hay is how the big ten plays.

41 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

How many times did they get in our face and openly taunt?  Six?   I didn’t see us do anything remotely like that.  

When you turn and openly do it in somebody’s face, it elicits a call.  I remember Trayce getting one of those several games ago.  

The double tech with Miller was also a cowardly BS call.

Izzo should be really proud of how his team represents his university.  I guess they haven’t been accused of rape yet so they’re ahead of his other teams.   No respect for them and I haven’t said that about Michigan or Illinois after we got waxed.  

MSU basketball involved in numerous rape cases in last decade.

Keith Appling and Adrein Payne.  They skated but the police reports were damning.  Appling's has been a multiple offender and career criminal since MSU.  Payne had a 2-way NBA contract with NBA team, but after they found out about the rape allegations and reviewed the matter, he got tossed.

Brock Washington accused of rape.  Don't know what happened with that one.

A young lady named Kowaski sued MSU claiming a gang rape by 3 MSU players.  I don't know who they were.  MSU skated liability on some complicated legal issues that I won't go into here.  MSU apparently using the case as precedent in another case!

Mateen Cleaves was acquitted of rape charges recently.

And then there's Larry Nassar.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

I'm still trying to figure out what Indiana basketball has done to piss off the basketball gods!!

I'd say dominating the country for the most part for 20+ years by a guy who thought journalists and referees were a step short of prostitution would suffice.....and the problem is they knew he was right and hated him for it. 

We'll get this thing back. No worries our time is coming.

• Thanks 2