Wisconsin Pre Game Thread

HoosierDPU95

When: Tuesday, February 15th 9 PM EST

Where: Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, Bloomington, Indiana

TV: ESPN2

Record: 19-5 (10-4, 3rd in Big Ten)

image.png.0af57a8b2f00b942b1ac572e5c289b37.png

image.png.0fbba448aca8286988589231d728a8aa.png

We know these guys all too well...Johnny Davis is vying for Big 10 POY. Brad Davison is, well...ask @Joe_Hoopsier :D (he's actually been struggling of late, but is still a threat to go off), Tyler Wahl, Steven Crowl, and Chucky Hepburn have been playing pretty well recently and Lorne Bowman (freshman) and Ben Carlson, along with Chris Vogt (who was the unknown guy who killed us last time) are the guys off of the bench who'll get some minutes.

They haven't shot the 3 well in conference (31%) with Davison's struggles being a lot of that. Middle of the pack in both offensive and defensive ratings. But they are experienced, tough, and have a couple of guys that can take over a game and beat you. We have to control Johnny Davis (Galloway? He didn't play last game) and Davison. I think we have a pretty good shot here if we play defense like we can, and have a decent shooting night. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We know these guys all too well...Johnny Davis is vying for Big 10 POY. Brad Davison is, well...ask @Joe_Hoopsier :D (he's actually been struggling of late, but is still a threat to go off), Tyler Wahl, Steven Crowl, and Chucky Hepburn have been playing pretty well recently and Lorne Bowman (freshman) and Ben Carlson, along with Chris Vogt (who was the unknown guy who killed us last time) are the guys off of the bench who'll get some minutes.

They haven't shot the 3 well in conference (31%) with Davison's struggles being a lot of that. Middle of the pack in both offensive and defensive ratings. But they are experienced, tough, and have a couple of guys that can take over a game and beat you. We have to control Johnny Davis (Galloway? He didn't play last game) and Davison. I think we have a pretty good shot here if we play defense like we can, and have a decent shooting night. 

You know I've been waiting to remind anyone, just in case it slipped their mind. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

What game did Johnny not play in? 

Normally I despise the phrase "must win game" in most scenarios. In this case however, it might be warranted. I don't think we can count on this IU team to go on the road and win at O$U and PU. I would guess they need 4 more wins to make the big dance. Thus, this is a huge game in helping them control their destiny, perhaps even a must win.

Unlike the MSU game, I feel good about this one. They should have won the game in Madison. I think they will come out ready to play in this game. Wisconsin is playing better, and just beat MSU in MIchigan but I still think...

IU wins this game by 7. IU needs this game more.

Go Hoosiers!!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

They haven't shot the 3 well in conference (31%) with Davison's struggles being a lot of that. 

So i can assume they are going to be lights out from 3 this game.  They are not going to run us out of the gym like Michigan did, but i don't think we win this one.  Its Wisconsin and i just can't get my head around beating them.

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Euroclydon said:

What's the over/under on number of times Race and Trace get stuck after a switch out top trying to defend one-on-one against a much quicker player? Virtually every team in the B1G has used this against IU and they never figure out how to stop it.

Part of the reason that this works against us so often is that Trayce does not hustle when it happens and instead just tries to time it so that he can get a block.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, psychobat said:

Part of the reason that this works against us so often is that Trayce does not hustle when it happens and instead just tries to time it so that he can get a block.

Trayce used to hustle back and wall up and force a tough shoot. The last few games he is trying to block everything from behind. 

21 minutes ago, 94hoosier said:

Trayce used to hustle back and wall up and force a tough shoot. The last few games he is trying to block everything from behind. 

Maybe because he's not running the floor any more. I noticed that too. He walks, or sometimes trots up the floor rather than hustling back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DWB said:

Maybe because he's not running the floor any more. I noticed that too. He walks, or sometimes trots up the floor rather than hustling back.

I think he is getting tired. The bigger centers and double teaming is wearing him out. He gets slower as each half progress 

• Like 2