College Basketball and Scandal

rico

16 minutes ago, rico said:

Good article and thanks for sharing. Who knew while we were gearing up for Kentucky envelopes were being shared inside Assembly Hall to help UK guys. I still haven't ever been able to connect all the dots with another UK player Trey Lyles but hopefully that one along with all the others come out.

Problem now is with NIL....nobody and the NCAA cares anymore. They've put a system in place for the benefit of the players while at the same time covering their own dirt.  2 birds 1 stone. Players get paid and no one will be asking the NCAA to look into old crimes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good article and thanks for sharing. Who knew while we were gearing up for Kentucky envelopes were being shared inside Assembly Hall to help UK guys. I still haven't ever been able to connect all the dots with another UK player Trey Lyles but hopefully that one along with all the others come out.

Problem now is with NIL....nobody and the NCAA cares anymore. They've put a system in place for the benefit of the players while at the same time covering their own dirt.  2 birds 1 stone. Players get paid and no one will be asking the NCAA to look into old crimes. 

We would have been really good had Trey Lyles came here. He was what that team was missing (his FR year we got beat by the Fighting Marshalls of Wichita). Not sure why he ever went to UK and was like the 5th or 6th guy, it literally made no sense the entire time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

The NIL is the perfect way for the NCAA employees to do absolutely nothing now and get paid handsomely for it.  They don't have to worry about anything anymore.  Sit back, make millions off the universities, who give them the power to do so, and do absolutely nothing.

One of these days or probably years...when my buddy who works there is done and retired I'm going to have him sign up on here and write a book.  To his credit he's never once told me a thing only occasionally will he raise his eyebrows if I ask about something. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We would have been really good had Trey Lyles came here. He was what that team was missing (his FR year we got beat by the Fighting Marshalls of Wichita). Not sure why he ever went to UK and was like the 5th or 6th guy, it literally made no sense the entire time. 

Every parent that sends their kid to that place just expects Calipari to make a lottery pick out of them. Most don’t pan out unless they are likely lottery picks to begin with. 

• Like 1

Good article. One and done worked for UK when they were the alpha dog. As soon as Coach K wanted to play the game, again, Duke became 1a and UK was relegated to 1b.  Not enough top 10 talent to go around. They had to feed a bunch of kids and their parents that they were one and done lottery picks when they clearly were not close to that level.(Keion)

17 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Every parent that sends their kid to that place just expects Calipari to make a lottery pick out of them. Most don’t pan out unless they are likely lottery picks to begin with. 

I get that. But, Trey Lyles needed offense ran through him. He would have had that in bunches at Indiana and we absolutely had some knock down shooters around him. He would have played 35mpg at IU and got 15 shots a game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I get that. But, Trey Lyles needed offense ran through him. He would have had that in bunches at Indiana and we absolutely had some knock down shooters around him. He would have played 35mpg at IU and got 15 shots a game. 

If i remember the rumor correctly, dad was trying to get all the indy schools to be nike schools.  He definitely took a deal.  DD double dog dared him to come on the show after dad threatened DD with a lawsuit.  DD was very brazen in doubling down and never minced his words about the scumminess of dad.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

I wasn’t disputing your comment. I was just making a general response. I agree with what you said in this one. He would have shined more at IU.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

If i remember the rumor correctly, dad was trying to get all the indy schools to be nike schools.  He definitely took a deal.  DD double dog dared him to come on the show after dad threatened DD with a lawsuit.  DD was very brazen in doubling down and never minced his words about the scumminess of dad.

I completely forgot about all that. I think DD was saying they visited UK during a dead period or something along those lines. 

The family kept threatening to sue DD and he kept saying he was ready to go to court with what he knows. I believe he’s still waiting. 

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

He was committed for 3 years and all of a sudden, he decomits  and chooses UK