Wisconsin Post Game

5fouls

That’s some of the worst offensive execution down the stretch that I’ve seen in a long, long time. Multiple bad shots by XJ, Trey shot at least one 3 and possibly two, and for some reason we had Parker/Race doing nothing on the perimeter and dribbling out the clock with plenty of time to get a quick 2 and foul. Wow. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Face it...we just don't have any kids as tough as Johnny Davis or Brad Davison...

The only kid we have that can make a play at crunch time was sitting on the bench wearing a suit...and no matter what anybody says, we miss Rob Phinisee

Missing Phinisee is massive. It hurts our D especially, but also screws up our rotations offensively too. 

Our best lineup was always with XJ and Phinisee together. 

• Like 5

I am so freaking tired of losing. UW guys are bunch of punks and someone needs to go punch Davis and Davidson 

I am starting to question Woodson's in game coaching. Both times he had all 5 Started out at the same time killed any momentum away. There is no need to play more than 8 players in your rotation.  Also either the players didn't execute the play or Woodson didn't run a very effective play.  I truly hate the ball screen and all the dribbling in basketball today.  It is ugly basket to watch and not very efficient. On that last play if you wanted to get a player open spread the floor out and set down screens or cross screens to get guys open.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 3

Think that is about it for me this season.  I don't think tournament is in the cards.  

Same story as the past 4 or 5 years, can we please get some shot makers on the perimeter.  

One last thing, I am sick and f---ing tired of watching a team full of guys like Wisconsin get to run their mouths at the end of the game.  Wish we had some players on the team that were sick of that sh-- too.  Doesn't seem like they are because they let it happen over and over again.

This program better figure sh-- out.

• Like 2

Not interested in hearing coach say he has to help get them over the hump. That's not happening. They need to learn how to get and hit open perimeter shots. They need to stop dribble penetration. They need to stop getting into pushing and shoving matches where they lose focus on the game. 

This is no shock. One team has play makers and knock down shooters. One does not. One team has a gameplan role players and kids willing to run it. One does not. That's how you end up with guys who dont shoot the three well taking them late in the game. One team can get good looks and easy shots. One struggles virtually every game.

As good as the D has been at times it's clear good teams know they can attack Kopp, Stewart, Bates, Lander and Durr and it's no contest. Worse- it's likely a score and a foul. 

Edited by Euroclydon
  • Like 5