Wisconsin Post Game

5fouls

4 hours ago, twenty02 said:

Transfers have never been a road to winning in P5 BB. I understand how we are now operating in a different rule era... but beyond filling pehaps a single missing piece here or there... you aren't building a winning program on backs of transfers.  We have 3 in our starting lineup.... we really want to keep trying this over and over? 

Who was the last good transfer that played at IU? 

Ziesloft says hi. 🙋‍♂️

Sorry, but don’t forget to save some blame for CMW, because the buck stops with him. This is a really dumb basketball team down the stretch of games, and it’s way too common to not put some of that on the coaching staff, especially when it’s still happening this late in the season with this many upperclassmen on this team. 

We had multiple periods in this game where we had lineups on the court that were completely inept offensively, too, without a single player that could create their own shot. There’s really no point in having someone like PS in the game if you don’t have anyone that can press the defense into leaving him open. 

I hate putting everything on one player, but man, XJ was just awful in the second half, particularly down the stretch.

Finally, yes, missing Rob hurts, but if losing a guy who is also kind of inept offensively tanks your season, well …

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's where I'm at with IU. I love Coach Woodson. Just don't like the operation right now because of decades of ineptitude.  Time to take a timeout from our games. It literally kills me inside to see our guys keep making the same mistakes over and over and over again. 

I recently had to do the same. Stopped watching games live. I record and might watch if we win, and definitely dont if we lose. I hate that I have to, but it's so much better for health. 

• Like 2

First, I want to say. I don't pretend to know know Parker Stewart. The kid has some issues. As a team we are weak minded. It shows and every opponent takes advantage of it. The refs suck yes, but there are ways to stop that we just can't be that blatant with it. Parker has a chip on his shoulder and thats great, but he needs help to harness that. He should not be on the floor until he has that under control. 

• Like 2

Twice the Hoosiers were building a little lead and then Coach Woodson has Durr, Lander, Jordan, Parker and Bates in and the Badgers make a run to get back in it. That killed the momentum the team and crowd were building. Also Kopp being on Davis a big chunk of the game was a killer, put literally anyone else but Miller, who is probably the slowest guy on the team, on him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Twice the Hoosiers were building a little lead and then Coach Woodson has Durr, Lander, Jordan, Parker and Bates in and the Badgers make a run to get back in it. That killed the momentum the team and crowd were building. Also Kopp being on Davis a big chunk of the game was a killer, put literally anyone else but Miller, who is probably the slowest guy on the team, on him.

Well that didn't work either he scored on everyone we had on him. Seems like we get everyones best shot because we do. 

5 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

1.  Other coaches in the Big Ten:  “Just stay close with IU and we will always find a way to beat them.  Always.  IU has no idea how to make plays at crunch time and we do.”  How much you want to bet that every single coach in the Big Ten tells their team that?  

2.  IU isn’t going to go anywhere without wings who can cover a guy like Johnny Davis and go get buckets on the other end.  We just can’t handle explosive wings and we don’t have any wings that can just go get buckets.  The fact that we let Davis score every time down at crunch time yet we couldn’t score was just sad.  You’d think the staff would have done something with Davis defensively.  Matta?  Fife? Anyone?

3.  Bates is going to fall out of favor if he doesn’t get a game going beyond immediately chucking it up.  Yes, you need guys who can go get a bucket, but watch him.   He’s such an extreme.  The second he gets the ball, he’s shooting unless he simply can’t.  It’s embarrassing and it may get ugly for him if that doesn’t get corrected.  

4.  I have literally never posted about Tyra Banks. I couldn’t give less of a crap about her or who she’s dating.  Spare me.  Go date somebody in private like everyone else.  

On #4, she was a annoying, her fiance is a douche canoe of the highest order, and we would not have known she was there if not for ESPN's constant need to have a narrative outside of the game.  I don't recall them pointing out that Zeller was there.

That (along with one other big thing) is a good reason why I avoid that channel like the plague outside of when my team is playing...and it used to be a channel that I had on quite a bit in my younger days.  They do the Olympic model of sports broadcasting far too often where the side story takes away from the game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jojo123 said:

First, I want to say. I don't pretend to know know Parker Stewart. The kid has some issues. As a team we are weak minded. It shows and every opponent takes advantage of it. The refs suck yes, but there are ways to stop that we just can't be that blatant with it. Parker has a chip on his shoulder and thats great, but he needs help to harness that. He should not be on the floor until he has that under control. 

Ok, this is going to be petty and wrong...but after that loss it is where I am at.  I wish TJD would have not gotten in his way after Davison hit him.  

• Haha 1

definitely bummed about last night, but unlike many, not surprised.  i like this team more than most in the recent past.  i do feel like we have positives to be happy about improvement, but we are an average team.  really hoping to finish 6th or 7th, but getting nervous that we settle in as 9th or hopefully at least 8th in the B1G.  unfortunately when i thought we'd win 3-4 out of our last 9, i was probably right.  it's always nice to be wrong when you are generally pessimistic, but... we just have to remember not to get too high with 1 win or too low with 1 loss.  i personally don't like the sub patterns/minutes distribution.  i do think X is our only legit option at PG, but 3-16 (1-6 from 3) and 5 TO's is about all you need to know about why we struggled last night.  bad calls?  sure.  were they out to get us?  no.  what would the theory be on that?  Wisconsin bribed the officials?  all officials hate IU?  unfortunately we will hit 5 losses in a row after Monday.  i just hope we haven't lost so much momentum/confidence that we miss out on wins home vs. MD and @ MN.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

He is a good player, but man Miller on him was just a bad idea,

I don't know...he's a great player that made great plays...none of those shots were wide open or uncontested...I thought we played pretty good defense for the most part on him...He just made shots...

As far as Rob goes, yes, it hurts not having him, but he wouldn't have guarded Davis anyway...He didn't in the first game...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cbp4IU said:

Because of the people who were guarding him. It was down right comedy to see Kopp guarding him. I thought I was seeing things.

Davis was forced into tough shots all night. He made them. He had to work to get his shot up. 

This game came down to them hitting tough shots. Fade always with a hand in the face. Driving in and shooting over multiple guys. Jump shots on the move. IU wide up shots missed. That was the problem

• Like 4

I want to think that we are going in the right direction, but in what way are we really any different this year? Suspensions, injuries, multiple game losing streaks when we need to be building momentum. Our defense is better, I guess. We always seem to have a nice recruit, but never in enough in numbers to build a team set at more than 1-2 positions. Woodson set a goal with the team to defend our home court, but in the last month we lost three games. I don't like Coach Woodson, I love him.  He has to overhaul the line up this off season and figure out how to get the stink off of this program. Blah, blah, blah....it will be beyond awesome if we don't have to have this conversations on this board year after stinking year.  I hate sports.

• Like 5

I'd really be interested in clarity on whether that out of bounds play is allowed to be reviewed in the manner that it was. It doesn't really matter if they got the call right if that part of it wasn't supposed to be reviewed.

Also, what I find really odd is that we're a really tough team defensively, which usually means mental strength, yet we don't seem to have any of that. We've been completely taken out of our game in the last two contests because our opponents are pushing buttons and getting results from that. It doesn't matter how many wings or how much talent you bring in if that doesn't change.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, IUDan93 said:

I want to think that we are going in the right direction, but in what way are we really any different this year? Suspensions, injuries, multiple game losing streaks when we need to be building momentum. Our defense is better, I guess. We always seem to have a nice recruit, but never in enough in numbers to build a team set at more than 1-2 positions. Woodson set a goal with the team to defend our home court, but in the last month we lost three games. I don't like Coach Woodson, I love him.  He has to overhaul the line up this off season and figure out how to get the stink off of this program. Blah, blah, blah....it will be beyond awesome if we don't have to have this conversations on this board year after stinking year.  I hate sports.

I like Woodson too but if we don’t make the dance this season it’s going to be nearly impossible for him to ever recover.  It’s just the way it is with this fan base when you hire a coach with no track record at the college level whatsoever .  He’s just never going to get the benefit of the doubt when things go south.  The apathy is here and the part where the fans start rooting for loses to pile up is almost here.  Sad.

• Like 2