Positive

Yes it sucks that we keep losing. Yes it sucks that we continue to make boneheaded plays and can't find a way to win. But just think, it could be like last year where we were NEVER in a position to win anything. 

If most of you remember I was a big Archie fan up until he got let go. I believe CMW can figure it out but dang this is frustrating.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

Yes it sucks that we keep losing. Yes it sucks that we continue to make boneheaded plays and can't find a way to win. But just think, it could be like last year where we were NEVER in a position to win anything. 

If most of you remember I was a big Archie fan up until he got let go. I believe CMW can figure it out but dang this is frustrating.

Agree.  It’s also frustrating that it’ll most likely be at least another two years until things are much better.  That seems like an eternity right now.   

Gotta figure out something to pass the time.   Watch old games?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

Thank you for this post. Short, sweet and to the point. I think many may be overlooking or forgetting that this is year one with a brand new coaching staff, new beliefs, new mindset and different priorities. Coach Woodson and Co. wants a certain type of product on the floor. He is getting a mixed bag of results due to the current personnel. Way more positives this year that any of the past 2 or 3. Coach Woodson and Co. will right the ship. We may just squeak out an NCAA birth, but if next years crop looks much more promising.....

Edited by Artesian_86

30 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Thank you for this post. Short, sweet and to the point. I think many may be overlooking or forgetting that this is year one with a brand new coaching staff, new beliefs, new mindset and different priorities. Coach Woodson and Co. wants a certain type of product on the floor. He is getting a mixed bag of results due to the current personnel. Way more positives this year that any of the past 2 or 3. Coach Woodson and Co. will right the ship. We may just squeak out an NCAA birth, but it next years crop looks much more promising.....

If TJD leaves (and Race) - next year could be brutal. 

Im with you though, I think it’s on the right path with recruiting. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

I will be 28 in March so the only really good team I can remember is 2002. Now I know there are some outliers in there with Zeller, VO, and company but maybe my expectations are just way to high.

Try being in your 50's and remembering 75, 76, 81 and 87. 2002 doesnt even come to mind. lol.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Southern IN Hoosier said:

Yes, better than last year, but I'd argue worse than the 2019-20 team, so it's tough to identify much improvement. Last year, the wheels completely fell off, so any comparison would have probably looked good. 

The 2019-20 team had five wins over ranked teams. Other than finally getting a win over Purdue (which was big), it's difficult to point to significant improvement/accomplishments for this team. Defensively, they were showing improvement, but that's regressed with Rob out. 

• Like 2

We are better then last year,just not as good as we hoped we’d be! I expected soo much more out of Stewart, Johnson and Bates! 
no winners, we had a seven point lead late in this game and had three possessions in a row where we didn’t even get a shot. Winners know this is the time to win the game and put it away! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OLDIUFAN said:

We are better then last year,just not as good as we hoped we’d be! I expected soo much more out of Stewart, Johnson and Bates! 
no winners, we had a seven point lead late in this game and had three possessions in a row where we didn’t even get a shot. Winners know this is the time to win the game and put it away! 

Same.  I expected more from Kopp too. 

I’m not advocating for CTC, but I feel like his offense would be better with this group than it currently is.  With that said, the defense would be much much much much worse. But I don’t understand the lack of set plays for designed for Kopp and Stewart to shoot.   They are both one-dimensional - which also begs the question why it took until mid-Feb to split them.  

im not and X and O guy and don’t see any practices, but just my observation.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Try being in your 50's and remembering 75, 76, 81 and 87. 2002 doesnt even come to mind. lol.

How about being 68 and remembering 75, 76, 81 and 87, and all the great  players along the way that refused to lose. Johnny Davis refused to lose last night, and that’s why Wisconsin won the game. We may sneak into the Dance this year if we can squeeze out a couple more wins, and maybe win a game or two. The last few games have been disappointing, but I had zero expectations this year, and believe CMW and staff will turn this around in a couple of years and get us back on top of the B10.

• Like 6

I still am positive Coach Woodson will get this program turned around! He’s done a good job with this group. 

He will need to add some players for next year. A really good shooting wing would be nice. Some big guys who can play, because I think both Race an TJD leave. I don’t see Landers being any better! Hope I’m wrong ,will be surprised if he doesn’t transfer USI is going D1. Chance for him to go home! 

I bet we’re going to be looking very hard in Transfer Portal!

Rob being out has hurt us immensely.  He was starting to turn the corner and bring energy with the second unit.  That and the debacle with players being suspended created this spiral.  His defense would have been useful down the stretch against Wisconsin and I think he could have provided us with some shots that would have put us over the top.

Also, that overturned call at the end on the out of bounds was complete BS and we win if that doesn't happen.

Edited by IUALUM03
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, rico said:

When Damon Bailey walked off the court for the last time is my time marker for the start of the futility.  I try to remain positive, but it ain't working so well after all these years minus a few "hiccups."

I just didn't enjoy the last few years of the RMK era.  When I look to watch old games, I have a hard time watching anything from 97-01

4 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

The suspension for me was very disappointing! Shows that those particular players don’t really care much about IU. 

The suspensions were just the kick to the nuts of this season and it gave fans a look to why this team is so inconsistent. It also, on a good note, showed us CMW isn't going to take any crap. The one player that does give a crap about IU, because I talked to him at length about, is the one player as of late some people want gone. TJD.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just didn't enjoy the last few years of the RMK era.  When I look to watch old games, I have a hard time watching anything from 97-01

Go back and watch a couple of games from that time. It looks an awful like the teams we've watched the last 5 years. Bad, turnovers, bad passing, bad offense.