Positive

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

He brought this University to national recognition and won 3 championships. He is one of the top 5 coaches of all time.  On his TV show he would break down the game and really taught the game to fans.  Also he won the right way where the players were held accountable and made to go to class.  He was never had an NCAA scandal except for Alford getting suspended one game for being in a charity calendar.

I have never once said he didn't deserve to be recognized as an all time great coach, which he is. Top 5, no question. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

RMK won 3 titles with one NBA HOF 

after Isaiah who is the second best nba Hoosier?

Whitman ?

Not RMK guys, but Oladipo and OG Anunoby (OG has taken off a bit this season) are in the conversation.

Unfortunate that Oladipo's career has been derailed due to injury. He had made a 2nd consecutive All-Star team before his first major injury with the Pacers. 

12 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I'm truly hoping that Romeo Langford rises up the list...

Would love that too! I'm pulling for him.  Watching him the last three years though as a Celtics fan, I don't see it happening. 

I think his ceiling at this point (at this point being the key part, it could change) is like a Trevor Ariza or Robert Covington, a 3 and D guy if he can ever get consistent from 3. 

But again at this point from what I've seen, I think it's more likely he bounces around as a marginal rotation/trade fodder guy. 

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Very proud of Marshall for his commitment to IU basketball and to his IU education. God blessed him with strong athletic skills as well as brains! I hear dental school is a tough gig! Good for him....Go IU!

This team sure as hell could use a guy like Marshall on it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yet, unfortunately for most IU fans his career was largely seen as a disappointment. He came in so highly rated. The "help is on the way" didn't do him any favors. Glad he is doing well in his professional career .

All while he was scoring over 1100 pts. from the guard position.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Yet, unfortunately for most IU fans his career was largely seen as a disappointment. He came in so highly rated. The "help is on the way" didn't do him any favors. Glad he is doing well in his professional career .

Marshall did fine given what he had to work with.  Bracey was the disappointment as he was all about Bracey Wright.  Both really got screwed when RMK got involved and forced Sean May to go elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Marshall did fine given what he had to work with.  Bracey was the disappointment as he was all about Bracey Wright.  Both really got screwed when RMK got involved and forced Sean May to go elsewhere.

Bracey is a player I choose to forget about.  Underwhelming comes to mind.

• Like 1