Jump to content

NASCAR


Recommended Posts

Any NASCAR fans on here?  From about 1998 to 2010, I almost never missed a race.  Planned my weekends around the race.  Probably haven't watched more than a race or two over the last 3 years. 

But, tonight, I'm finding myself sitting in front of the TV watching the Daytona Duels.  Not sure yet if I'm going to watch more this year or not.  

Anyway, if there are enough interest on here to keep the thread going, it will give us something to talk about after basketball season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

New cars will be interesting.  I watched the California short track race last week. 

I watched some of the short track race as well. It was interesting, but that track may have been just a little bit too small.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Wait?  What?  I guess it shows how closely I follow the sport anymore.

Just started this year.  I did not know about it until last night.  Went from 5 to 1.  Looks like it will knock several seconds off a pit stop.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Any NASCAR fans on here?  From about 1998 to 2010, I almost never missed a race.  Planned my weekends around the race.  Probably haven't watched more than a race or two over the last 3 years. 

But, tonight, I'm finding myself sitting in front of the TV watching the Daytona Duels.  Not sure yet if I'm going to watch more this year or not.  

Anyway, if there are enough interest on here to keep the thread going, it will give us something to talk about after basketball season.

My family is huge into dirt track racing and have been for a long time. My cousin runs at Brownstown and every where around. My grandpa use to work on Steve Kinser's sprint car. We always have a huge party for the 500, great times! Racing is by far the biggest sport in my family! 

Massive Gordon fan here, growing up. (Born in 1990) ... which obviously is when he started to blow up. Personally, idc for it anymore, but I will watch it when I'm around family, no doubt and will for sure check this thread time to time. Thank you for starting it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Any NASCAR fans on here?  From about 1998 to 2010, I almost never missed a race.  Planned my weekends around the race.  Probably haven't watched more than a race or two over the last 3 years. 

But, tonight, I'm finding myself sitting in front of the TV watching the Daytona Duels.  Not sure yet if I'm going to watch more this year or not.  

Anyway, if there are enough interest on here to keep the thread going, it will give us something to talk about after basketball season.

I used to watch almost any kind of racing there is. From NHRA to Sprint car racing to NASCAR. But like you I haven't watched NASCAR as much lately. I was happy to see Larson win the championship last year. I watch him race in dirt track WoO and USAC which he is just as good in as he is NASCAR.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

My family is huge into dirt track racing and have been for a long time. My cousin runs at Brownstown and every where around. My grandpa use to work on Steve Kinser's sprint car. We always have a huge party for the 500, great times! Racing is by far the biggest sport in my family! 

Massive Gordon fan here, growing up. (Born in 1990) ... which obviously is when he started to blow up. Personally, idc for it anymore, but I will watch it when I'm around family, no doubt and will for sure check this thread time to time. Thank you for starting it. 

Steve Kinser was my best friend in college Uncle. I was a big Gordon fan had the privilege to meet him because I girl I knew in Bloomington that lived next door to Coach Knight, her Dad owned the Bloomington Speedway and that was one of the only tracks that let Jeff run when he was like 13 or 14. She and Jeff were close friends

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Steve Kinser was my best friend in college Uncle. I was a big Gordon fan had the privilege to meet him because I girl I knew in Bloomington that lived next door to Coach Knight, her Dad owned the Bloomington Speedway and that was one of the only tracks that let Jeff run when he was like 13 or 14. She and Jeff were close friends

Its been a long time now but I remember watching Gordon drive Silver Crown around the state. Usually at Kokomo Speedway and a few times at Eldora in Ohio.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't miss a race once Tony entered the fray. Grew up in a racing fan family...but once Tony left IRL to go to Cup I pretty much didn't miss anything for a decade plus. After Tony's 3rd my interest started fading. Would still check in but wasn't like it was before. 

Been to pretty much every track this state has to offer. This is a really cool video with Gordon/Stewart at Smoke's place. It's not just the cars...but all the stories they can share. Only about 15 minutes but worth it. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Been to pretty much every track this state has to offer.

Yeah same here.

I used to go to the track they had in Warsaw about every weekend, along with Kokomo. It's a shame they closed Warsaws track down years ago.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Just started this year.  I did not know about it until last night.  Went from 5 to 1.  Looks like it will knock several seconds off a pit stop.

You got me curious. So found this. BTW used to watch NASCAR every Sunday. Mark Martin in the #6 Valvoline car was my guy. 

My uncle Jim ran stock cars and dirt tracks for years. I helped him work on his cars at my grandma's Sunday dinners every week for about 16 years. 

https://m.nascar.com/news-media/2020/03/02/nascar-single-lug-nut-design-wheel-next-gen-car/amp/

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, btownqb said:

My family is huge into dirt track racing and have been for a long time. My cousin runs at Brownstown and every where around. My grandpa use to work on Steve Kinser's sprint car. We always have a huge party for the 500, great times! Racing is by far the biggest sport in my family! 

Massive Gordon fan here, growing up. (Born in 1990) ... which obviously is when he started to blow up. Personally, idc for it anymore, but I will watch it when I'm around family, no doubt and will for sure check this thread time to time. Thank you for starting it. 

Does your Grandfather know Paul Elrod? He worked for Steve Kinser for years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...