2024 SG Jack Benter Commits to Purdue

Tuffhooper89

I totally agree the kids name is out its beyond just the state of Indiana and Indiana is to worried about the current season when they most likely won't even make the tournament and as a hoosier fan it really grinds my gears they need to worry about  whats next, they really need to get there stuff togehter and really watch this kid because he would do the program extremely good we need a kid like him

Edited by Tuffhooper89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tuffhooper89 said:

No problem he's just a heck of an athlete to bad he doesn't choose to show his ability in any other sports but when you can play the game of basketball like him you can't blame him

I have only watched him one time when they had a fill in game at Washington. We made the 1/2 hr trip to just to check him out.   To me he looked like a kid with a baseball build but had no idea if he played anything else or not.  

Just now, JW75 said:

I have only watched him one time when they had a fill in game at Washington. We made the 1/2 hr trip to just to check him out.   To me he looked like a kid with a baseball build but had no idea if he played anything else or not.  

What did you think about his basketball skills. I agree he is bigger built but he just wasn't meant for baseball I seen him play baseball back in pee wee he just didn't seem to be as passionate about it as he was for hooping.

1 minute ago, Tuffhooper89 said:

What did you think about his basketball skills. I agree he is bigger built but he just wasn't meant for baseball I seen him play baseball back in pee wee he just didn't seem to be as passionate about it as he was for hooping.

I obviously am not a pro at rating talent. Yes he can play.  Washington was down 2 kids plus they are probably a .500 team this year so the talent he was up against was not a fair comparison. He got a little careless in the 2nd half when they had a good lead and made a couple bad passes but he's still a kid and that's going to happen.  Coach/dad let him know pretty quick on those plays. 🤣 

• Like 1

Just now, JW75 said:

I obviously am not a pro at rating talent. Yes he can play.  Washington was down 2 kids plus they are probably a .500 team this year so the talent he was up against was not a fair comparison. He got a little careless in the 2nd half when they had a good lead and made a couple bad passes but he's still a kid and that's going to happen.  Coach/dad let him know pretty quick on those plays. 🤣 

I agree people think its easy with a relative as a coach but my dad coached me when I was younger and trust me I got many a** rippings in my time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

….Billingsley with the “one up”, splain!🤣

No  info just received a message that they saw Fife and what they thought was another Coach at a gas station in Brownstown. I cannot confirm but since it was posted here that Fife was at a morning workout I just followed up. Benters name is known for sure in Bloomington where it goes from there no idea

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

No  info just received a message that they saw Fife and what they thought was another Coach at a gas station in Brownstown. I cannot confirm but since it was posted here that Fife was at a morning workout I just followed up. Benters name is known for sure in Bloomington where it goes from there no idea

Jus funnin!

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Might see him front and center at the Edgewood sectional. :)

• Like 1