Crean gone

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Any IU fan that resents or has animosity towards Tom Crean for what he did at IU is off base.  He stepped up to the challenge when others shied away.  He brought us some great moments.  He didn't embarrass the program off the court.  The only thing he didn't do was win enough.  In the end, he was not the long term answer, but he was a very good short term option.

COMPLETELY agree with this.  I respect what he did to get us back to a competitive level the right way.  He just wasn't the guy to get us where we ultimately want to be.   

• Like 5

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Any IU fan that resents or has animosity towards Tom Crean for what he did at IU is off base.  He stepped up to the challenge when others shied away.  He brought us some great moments.  He didn't embarrass the program off the court.  The only thing he didn't do was win enough.  In the end, he was not the long term answer, but he was a very good short term option.

Same thing your ex-wives said.....😆

Sorry man I had to!! 😂😂

• Haha 2

On 2/19/2022 at 12:18 PM, 5fouls said:

Problem is, we've been looking for a long term answer it seems like forever....

6 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

They've been available.  Our administration just refuses to hire them.

Riiiight.  Because everyone has been knocking down the door to coach IU.  Hell, I heard John Wooden was trying to dig himself up to take a stab at it, but the IU administration told him not to bother.  By the way, weren't you pining and lobbying for Chris Mack?  How has that worked out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2022 at 1:19 PM, BobSaccamanno said:

Sheesh, I didn't realize Georgia's record was so bad.  I thought Crean would have been more competitive there.  He must just not be getting any in-state talent.  They have some.

This internal fight thing and not reporting it...sounds like a pretense to get rid of a coach who isn't winning.  

I agree 100% he should go ahead and retire also he just can't get the team and now he has a bad reputation and not many people like him

11 minutes ago, Tuffhooper89 said:

I agree 100% he should go ahead and retire also he just can't get the team and now he has a bad reputation and not many people like him

Nine players transferred from last year's GA team. Four transferred within the SEC. 

From a raw numbers’ standpoint, the Bulldogs have lost 83.4% of their scoring (1,680 points), 72.5% of their rebounding (701) and 72.1% of their 3-point field goals made (119).

2 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Nine players transferred from last year's GA team. Four transferred within the SEC. 

From a raw numbers’ standpoint, the Bulldogs have lost 83.4% of their scoring (1,680 points), 72.5% of their rebounding (701) and 72.1% of their 3-point field goals made (119).

I believe it is because of the coaching to, I'm not saying I could do better but they need to really do something about this.