College Baseball Season Thread (2022)

btownqb

After winning a series at Mississippi State, Long Beach returns to California and drops a game 1-0 to Sacramento State.

In another Ivy League upset, Harvard knocks off Miami in Coral Gables.

Clemson stayed perfect on the year with another win at home against Hartford.

Iowa's Adam Mazur had another impressive start at the Hawkeyes bested Pepperdine 3-1.

Nebraska falls again, this time to # 17 TCU in Arlington. Nebraska has really challenged themselves in the non-conference but like IU just hasn't been able to pull one out save for one game against Sam Houston. The schedule difficulty should pay big dividends in Big Ten play.

Didn't realize Maryland was in the top 25, but they had a nice 2-0 win over Campbell to open up the weekend.

Looks like Michigan is also playing a tough schedule, currently sitting at 3-2. They've already played 3 Big 12 opponents and still have the Keith Leclair Classic at ECU, Vandy, Notre Dame, Louisville, and Cal State-Fullerton on the schedule. Big coup getting Fullerton to come to Ann Arbor for a series in early April.

Edited by Kendal22

47 minutes ago, btownqb said:

There's been a ton of baseball on the ESPN family of networks the last two weekends! I'm loving it! 

Wouldnt mind a lock out and the College season becomes front and center using it for their big broadcasts. I think it'd be cool. 

Maybe the MLB starts in July haha

I love it! College baseball might be the biggest hidden secret in sports. It's everything people have always loved about sports without the big-time money corruption in football and basketball.

Now they just need to adjust the 11.7 scholarships and lack of a third paid assistant.

• Like 1

Tennessee has road series @Miss St, @Ole Miss, @Vandy, and @UF lol that's nutty. Plus they play Texas, Baylor, and Oklahoma this weekend. Home series include Georgia, Bama, South Carolina, Auburn. Unreal. 

They have an incredibly difficult schedule and DON'T play Arkansas and LSU. Nuts. 

They have series against #2, #5, #9, #14, and #15. And as I mentioned, Arkansas #3 and LSU #7, they aren't playing them this season. 

On 2/28/2022 at 9:29 AM, btownqb said:

Tennessee has road series @Miss St, @Ole Miss, @Vandy, and @UF lol that's nutty. Plus they play Texas, Baylor, and Oklahoma this weekend. Home series include Georgia, Bama, South Carolina, Auburn. Unreal. 

They have an incredibly difficult schedule and DON'T play Arkansas and LSU. Nuts. 

They have series against #2, #5, #9, #14, and #15. And as I mentioned, Arkansas #3 and LSU #7, they aren't playing them this season. 

Crazy schedule for the Vols. That's the nature of the beast in the SEC. Only gets tougher when Texas and Oklahoma join.

The imbalanced conference schedules aren't great though in the SEC. My Ole Miss Rebels miss weekend series this season against Vandy, Florida, and Georgia. They really need to be able to lock in a top 8 national seed with this schedule. Getting a Super Regional in Oxford would go a long way towards getting back to Omaha.

• Like 1

Truly believe if more people gave the sport a shot they'd be intrigued. I know accessibility is an issue with the lack of broadcast, though. 

Here is a solid opportunity to watch some good ball this weekend. 

@landrus13 @Seeking6 @5fouls @rico @Billingsley99

if you guys aren't busy with some sectional games/family/whatever

might interest you.

This event is Tennessee, Texas, LSU, UCLA, Baylor, and OU.

Big 12 teams play the other 3 teams. Tennessee vs Texas tomorrow night and then #1 Texas vs #2 LSU tomorrow night. Game will be played in Houston. Might be a pretty cool atmosphere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

#2 Ole Miss is now 8-0. Of the 8 games, they've scored double digit runs in the last 7. 5 of the 8 games have been shortened due to the run rule. It's really making it hard to get our pitchers the work needed when we keep losing innings to the run rule. I guess there's worse circumstances out there. I have concerns about the starting pitching rotation but the lineup is relentless and probably the deepest in the country.

Baylor/UCLA- noon - MLBN

LSU/OU-4pm- MBLN

UT/UT- 8pm- MLBN

Maryland/Michigan (playing an out of conference game in SC today) 

TCU/Kentucky kick off a series this weekend- SECN

ILL/ND today in MN BTN+

Coastal/UNC- 3 game set - ACCN

UF/Miami in a 3 game set- ACCN

I guess I mentioned some of these in a tweet earlier. Michigan plays ECU tomorrow and that game will be on ESPN+. 

36 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Baylor/UCLA- noon - MLBN

LSU/OU-4pm- MBLN

UT/UT- 8pm- MLBN

Maryland/Michigan (playing an out of conference game in SC today) 

TCU/Kentucky kick off a series this weekend- SECN

ILL/ND today in MN BTN+

Coastal/UNC- 3 game set - ACCN

UF/Miami in a 3 game set- ACCN

I guess I mentioned some of these in a tweet earlier. Michigan plays ECU tomorrow and that game will be on ESPN+. 

Great rundown! The Michigan/Maryland game is a part of the Keith LeClair Classic at ECU. Great event as Hoosier fans know.

Really interested to see how Tennessee's offense fares against Longhorn pitching. LSU has an unbelievable lineup too, especially with Jacob Berry following Jay Johnson from Tuscon to Baton Rouge.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kendal22 said:

Great rundown! The Michigan/Maryland game is a part of the Keith LeClair Classic at ECU. Great event as Hoosier fans know.

Really interested to see how Tennessee's offense fares against Longhorn pitching. LSU has an unbelievable lineup too, especially with Jacob Berry following Jay Johnson from Tuscon to Baton Rouge.

Going to be a wild weekend in Houston for sure. I'm pumped for our Hoosiers, I'll talk more about that later in that thread. Anyways... getting some stuff on my firestick at school, so I can watch some ball later on. 

59 minutes ago, Kendal22 said:

UCF leads Ole Miss 2-0 through 3 in Orlando.

Wild game in Orlando. Ole Miss hit a 3 run homer to go up 3-2. UCF then responds by scoring 4 with two outs to go up 6-3. Ole Miss then responds with back to back solo shots.

6-5 UCF.

Edited by Kendal22

31 minutes ago, Kendal22 said:

Wild game in Orlando. Ole Miss hit a 3 run homer to go up 3-2. UCF then responds by scoring 4 with two outs to go up 6-3. Ole Miss then responds with back to back solo shots.

6-5 UCF.

Make that back to back to back.

6-6. Game is on ESPN+ if anyone is interested.

Rebs go deep again to take an 8-6 lead.

Edited by Kendal22
  • Like 1