College Baseball Season Thread (2022)

btownqb

27 minutes ago, Kendal22 said:

Crazy the amount of depth in that league. I don't think Ole Miss deserves # 1 at this point. Just too many questions once you get past the top 5-6 arms.

Lots of teams have their #1 or a very important piece missing. 

I can't believe how well UT has pitched without Tidwell. 

On 3/22/2022 at 12:41 AM, btownqb said:

Can't wait for this series. Atmosphere will be electric no doubt. Have a lot more questions about Ole Miss than Tennessee at this point. Not sure what the rotation will look like as it really struggled last weekend against Auburn outside of Jack Dougherty in game 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kendal22 said:

Can't wait for this series. Atmosphere will be electric no doubt. Have a lot more questions about Ole Miss than Tennessee at this point. Not sure what the rotation will look like as it really struggled last weekend against Auburn outside of Jack Dougherty in game 3.

Baseball is so momentum based. Especially in college. 

Ole Miss atmosphere will be electric. 

Tennessee 3 starters have just been unworldly.

Ole Miss is shaking up the rotational order a bit this weekend

Tonight - John Gaddis Senior LHP - Transfer from Texas A&M-Corpus Christi - Pretty much the definition of a college pitcher. Deferred medical school a year to come pitch in Oxford. Upper 80s fastball with a good change up as well. Command of fastball has been iffy last couple of starts. When that happens, Gaddis is very hittable.

Saturday - Jack Dougherty Sophomore RHP -  moves into the Saturday slot. Came on strong at the end of last year after spending most of the season as a potential redshirt. Best pure stuff in the rotation. Lower 90s fastball with good command and a sharp slider. Fiery competitor as well.

Sunday - Derek Diamond Junior RHP - Moves from Saturday to Sunday after a couple shaky outings. Highly recruited kid who originally committed to Stanford. An issue with admissions caused him to end up in Oxford. This is his third year in the rotation, but he hasn't seemed to put it all together yet. Prone to having two-out walks or hits blow up on him and lead to big innings. Last year was touching 97 with the fastball but is now working in the low 90s and upper 80s. He's still crafty enough to get outs but there has been speculation Diamond isn't completely healthy for some time now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, btownqb said:

I watched 80% of their innings, obviously haven't seen everyone.. but goodness. 

Tennessee was outstanding this weekend. Should be the unquestionable number one. Ole Miss is much better than Tennessee made them look this weekend, but that was a really bad showing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kendal22 said:

Tennessee was outstanding this weekend. Should be the unquestionable number one. Ole Miss is much better than Tennessee made them look this weekend, but that was a really bad showing.

Yup. 

I know a lot of teams are missing big arms, currently... I think Tennessee's Blade Tidwell will pitch this week/weekend. 

1 hour ago, landrus13 said:

I'm not sure another team in the country has a better weekend rotation than Tennessee right now either. All 3 can throw mid to upper 90s. And then a few bullpen arms can really bring it too. Ben Joyce touches 100+ with ease.

got this dude back officially tonight