College Baseball Season Thread (2022)

btownqb

Tennessee won the first two games against Vanderbilt. Won Friday night 6-2 and won Saturday night 5-2. Vols pitching and defense has dominated the series so far. It was Tennessee's first series win in Nashville since 2009.

Tennessee goes for the sweep tomorrow afternoon.

Its hard to explain how well Tennessee is playing. Obviously they're probably peaking too soon, but I can't remember sheer dominance like this over the first three weekends of the SEC. 

The last 6 games on the road vs Ole Miss and Vandy. 

Beam was 9IP shutout today. They outscored Vandy 16-4 this weekend.  

Maybe Tidwell starts Tues? 

On 4/7/2022 at 11:37 AM, btownqb said:

why does this stuff bother people so much? lol 

don't want them to showboat? Don't let them take you 400+

People need to quit getting their panties in a wad. Let the kids play. He didn't even really "pimp" it anyway. I've seen much worse than that. Don't like it? Pitch better. Who cares if a guy "pimps" a home run? They aren't hurting anyone except your ego.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, landrus13 said:

People need to quit getting their panties in a wad. Let the kids play. He didn't even really "pimp" it anyway. I've seen much worse than that. Don't like it? Pitch better. Who cares if a guy "pimps" a home run? They aren't hurting anyone except your ego.

Correct.  

• 2 weeks later...

Made my first trip to Oxford, Mississippi over the weekend for the finale of the Ole Miss - Mississippi State series. Incredible atmosphere for a team that has really struggled lately. It's something everyone should experience at some point. 

The Mike Bianco era at Ole Miss seems to be all but over at this point. He's slated to manage Team USA this summer. I wonder if anyone has ever managed Team USA is the same season they were fired from their college head coaching job?

1 minute ago, Kendal22 said:

Made my first trip to Oxford, Mississippi over the weekend for the finale of the Ole Miss - Mississippi State series. Incredible atmosphere for a team that has really struggled lately. It's something everyone should experience at some point. 

The Mike Bianco era at Ole Miss seems to be all but over at this point. He's slated to manage Team USA this summer. I wonder if anyone has ever managed Team USA is the same season they were fired from their college head coaching job?

I think it would be a major mistake to fire him. 

We are heading to Tennessee/MSU in Starkville in May for two games.... and Kentucky vs Tennessee next Saturday in Lex. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

I think it would be a major mistake to fire him. 

We are heading to Tennessee/MSU in Starkville in May for two games.... and Kentucky vs Tennessee next Saturday in Lex. 

Starkville is a great place. Lemonis has really worked out well for them. At 8-10 in the SEC they are in decent spot to end up in a regional. The Bulldog bullpen is a little questionable to they are a really gritty team.

I'm torn on Bianco, but 1 of 21 in getting to Omaha in a program that invests in baseball the way Ole Miss does is pretty damning.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 1:52 AM, btownqb said:

I watched the end of that game. Vols were ridiculous for a few innings there.

Big bounce back for Auburn last night and solidifies their hosting handing. If Mike Bianco is truly done at Ole Miss, Butch Thompson is at the top of the list. He's a Mississippi native and I'd love to see what he could do with the resources in Oxford.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rico said:

How many future MLB all-stars on the Vols' squad?

Cant answer that question. But... main, they're going to have sooo many kids drafted. 

I think three in the first round. 

Truthfully... there better "MLB prospects" are mostly FR. But Gilbert, Beck, and Tidwell are gunna go 1st rd. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/1/2022 at 9:43 AM, Kendal22 said:

I watched the end of that game. Vols were ridiculous for a few innings there.

Big bounce back for Auburn last night and solidifies their hosting handing. If Mike Bianco is truly done at Ole Miss, Butch Thompson is at the top of the list. He's a Mississippi native and I'd love to see what he could do with the resources in Oxford.

Are you Oxford on Rivals?