College Baseball Season Thread (2022)

btownqb

On 6/10/2022 at 10:51 AM, btownqb said:

They don't have their ace throwing today.  

I will say--- Tennessee ELITE pitching depth wont come into play nearly as much in a 3 game weekend, compared to a 4. 

ND starter can go 6 tonight, assuming they use their best BP arm if it's close.... get a good performance out of your ace tomorrow... yeah it'll be a good series. 

Tennessee has 5 SP they can throw this weekend and about 5 or 6 out of the pen. 

I cane here looking for your take on the craziness last night...thoughts?

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I cane here looking for your take on the craziness last night...thoughts?

I umpire a lot... 

1. Gilbert can't/shouldn't say that. 

2. Gilbert was right. Horrible call. 

3. As an umpire... #2 matters more to me than #1. I tell Gilbert to get bent, and move on. I'm not taking game #2 away from him. 

4. And I wholeheartedly mean this.. F ND, but their baseball team is really good. Absolutely should have hosted a regional. They have, at minimum, proven that.

Edited by btownqb

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I umpire a lot... 

1. Gilbert can't/shouldn't say that. 

2. Gilbert was right. Horrible call. 

3. As an umpire... #2 matters more to me than #1. I tell Gilbert to get bent, and move on. I'm taking game #2 away from him. 

4. And I wholeheartedly mean this.. F ND, but their baseball team is really good. Absolutely should have hosted a regional. They have, at minimum, proven that.

Looks like they got their revenge today.  Tomorrow should be interesting although I'd be pretty surprised if ND comes back from the beating they are getting today.  Dollander looks like the #1 pitcher in the draft.

Sounds like Gilbert was tossed because he was warned earlier for barking about pitches in the outfield.  Hopefully he learned a lesson.

47 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Looks like they got their revenge today.  Tomorrow should be interesting although I'd be pretty surprised if ND comes back from the beating they are getting today.  Dollander looks like the #1 pitcher in the draft.

Sounds like Gilbert was tossed because he was warned earlier for barking about pitches in the outfield.  Hopefully he learned a lesson.

How could an umpire hear a centerfielder? Like are they trying to hear it? Makes no sense from them. 

Dollander isn't even draft eligible this year, which is the amazing part lol.. but yes, it seems like he is a top 10 next year... Tennessee brings back 3 of their top 4 arms next year. Beam, Burns, and Walsh havent thrown a pitch yet for TEN this weekend, but ND has some sticks. 

Edited by btownqb

22 minutes ago, Kendal22 said:

College baseball at its finest.

Its so good. 3 SEC teams can clinch CWS tomorrow w/one already there. 

Auburn.. hasn't thrown a pitch yet haha

So weird how some of these are set up. Also not sure why that game didn't start at 7pm ET. Crazy there is this long between games. 

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Its so good. 3 SEC teams can clinch CWS tomorrow w/one already there. 

Auburn.. hasn't thrown a pitch yet haha

So weird how some of these are set up. Also not sure why that game didn't start at 7pm ET. Crazy there is this long between games. 

Go Tigers. Really like their coach Butch Thompson.

Great day and response from Tennessee. Amazing that they simply didn't miss a beat without their best player in the lineup. Think the Vols roll tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Kendal22 said:

Go Tigers. Really like their coach Butch Thompson.

Great day and response from Tennessee. Amazing that they simply didn't miss a beat without their best player in the lineup. Think the Vols roll tomorrow.

I just have zero clue about NDs pitching. Some have said they have plenty of arms left.. but, if Beam, Burns, and Walsh pitch well... can they match that? That's the if, right? 

Again.. I have no clue. 

That place will be bumping tomorrow. 

Big start by Sunny D. 2-0 War eagle

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I just have zero clue about NDs pitching. Some have said they have plenty of arms left.. but, if Beam, Burns, and Walsh pitch well... can they match that? That's the if, right? 

Again.. I have no clue. 

That place will be bumping tomorrow. 

Big start by Sunny D. 2-0 War eagle

Not too familiar with ND either, but whatever they have is lesser than Tennessee for sure.

Now 4-2 Beavers. That sure happened quickly. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

How could an umpire hear a centerfielder? Like are they trying to hear it? Makes no sense from them. 

Dollander isn't even draft eligible this year, which is the amazing part lol.. but yes, it seems like he is a top 10 next year... Tennessee brings back 3 of their top 4 arms next year. Beam, Burns, and Walsh havent thrown a pitch yet for TEN this weekend, but ND has some sticks. 

When I played, I would hear the outfielders from the pitchers mound, no problem.  I doubt it would be hard for members of the crew to hear an outfielder, especially if he was yelling.  No matter.  From what they said, he admitted it and said he just got excited, THEN he made his statement from the batters box. Sounds like he's protty vocal when he disagrees with the call.

From what I saw today, it will take some breaks for ND to slow down Tennessee.

Notre Dame is trying to hang around today down 2-1. They've run themselves out of a few innings but I think being aggressive on the basepaths is the right move as they'll need a few breaks today. Feels like UT could break it open at any moment.

Regardless of the outcome, I've been extremely impressed with Notre Dame. They should have hosted, no question.

11 minutes ago, Kendal22 said:

UT finally gets to Rao. It's 3-1 now. Double clutch costs the Irish as they may have had a shot at Lawson coming home.

Also, whoever designed Notre Dame's uniforms should consider a career pivot. Like the Vols look today.

Vols have some legit unis--- smokey gray, cream, white, black on grey, orange tops with white or grey bottoms. Lots of good looks imo. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Vols didnt have it in the NCAAs. Incredibly hard to sustain that level of dominance for an entire season. 

Arkansas last year and Tennessee this year, two of the best teams CBB has ever had to offer... couldn't do it. Tough. 

Anyone but the Irish. Always hate to see the most dominant teams stumble like that....happens in all sports but usually baseball has a way of evening out. Tough one for Rocky Top. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone but the Irish. Always hate to see the most dominant teams stumble like that....happens in all sports but usually baseball has a way of evening out. Tough one for Rocky Top. 

Burns leaves two FBs in the zone, doesn't elevate enough. Bingo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

The last time the overall #1 seed won it all was in 1999.

• Like 2