College Baseball Season Thread (2022)

btownqb

8 hours ago, btownqb said:

AZ wins. Idk what the pitching looks like for either team.  

AZ/Ole Miss (AZ gotta win twice) 12pm

Lou/Mich 6pm 

UNC/VCU 6pm

Maryland/UCONN

Vandy/ORST

Ark/OKST 

LSU/USM

ECU/CCU

Tex St/Stanford 

UF/OKLA 

(Aub is up big on UCLA in an elim game) 

Tennessee, VT, ND, Aub, TexAM, Texas have advanced. (within 3 inning)

SEC has a chance to have 8 teams in the supers. If Ole Miss wins they will be at UNC/VCU btw... they'll have a lot of people with them regardless. 

Ole Miss will start with its Sunday starter, Derek Diamond. Should have plenty of options out of the bullpen. Not sure about Arizona. I know they have thrown their three weekend starters to this point.

If Ole Miss wins, they will be headed to Southern Miss or LSU. Mike Bianco has a son on LSU and it would only be about the third most compelling storyline if that matchup came to pass.

1 hour ago, Kendal22 said:

Ole Miss will start with its Sunday starter, Derek Diamond. Should have plenty of options out of the bullpen. Not sure about Arizona. I know they have thrown their three weekend starters to this point.

If Ole Miss wins, they will be headed to Southern Miss or LSU. Mike Bianco has a son on LSU and it would only be about the third most compelling storyline if that matchup came to pass.

Yeah I looked at the 10/11 seeds wrong at 130am when I typed that lol 

Sounds like Michigan got hosed in losing to Louisville.

Someone in Michigan had been saying some awfully good prayers this past year (football finally beat OSU and won its first Big Ten title since its players were in diapers, basketball somehow got an NCAA bid and ended up in the Sweet 16, baseball stole a tourney bid). Can't say I feel too bad for them. 

49 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Someone in Michigan had been saying some awfully good prayers this past year (football finally beat OSU and won its first Big Ten title since its players were in diapers, basketball somehow got an NCAA bid and ended up in the Sweet 16, baseball stole a tourney bid). Can't say I feel too bad for them. 

It was baddddddd. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

SEC flexed its muscle this weekend. 5 teams moving on and 3 others came within a run (Vandy, LSU, UF). 

4 teams-- Tennessee, Ole Miss, TexAM, and Auburn didn't lose a game.  

Yep, and four teams from the SEC West too. Playing at Miami, it's amazing how dated their facility appeared compared to the ones in the SEC. If partial scholarships are eliminated in baseball, I would have to think that would only widen the competitive gap between the SEC and the field.

Did you end up making it to Starkville for the UT series?

Yep, and four teams from the SEC West too. Playing at Miami, it's amazing how dated their facility appeared compared to the ones in the SEC. If partial scholarships are eliminated in baseball, I would have to think that would only widen the competitive gap between the SEC and the field.

Did you end up making it to Starkville for the UT series?

Yes sir!! One of the best sporting experiences of my life! 

My wife and I could not have had more fun.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kendal22 said:

Texas and ECU lead us off this morning. Hope former Ole Miss assistant Cliff Godwin can get to Omaha.

Anybody giving Notre Dame a chance in Knoxville?

They don't have their ace throwing today.  

I will say--- Tennessee ELITE pitching depth wont come into play nearly as much in a 3 game weekend, compared to a 4. 

ND starter can go 6 tonight, assuming they use their best BP arm if it's close.... get a good performance out of your ace tomorrow... yeah it'll be a good series. 

Tennessee has 5 SP they can throw this weekend and about 5 or 6 out of the pen. 

• Like 1

Joyce and Burns didn't pitch a combined 4 innings last weekend. They'll be ultra fresh and Camden Sewell wasn't even used. 

Tidwell, Dollander, Beam, Burns, and Sewell are the starters. 

Joyce, Mclaughlin, Connell, Mabrey, Walsh in relief. (Burns has moved to the back end of the bullpen and Sewell is the 4th starter/long relief guy). 

Last weekend-- Mabrey/Connell in back to back games 7.2IP 8H 2ER 

Edited by btownqb