OSU Post Game Thread

Huntnfreak

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I actually thought Woodson did a good job tonight and didn't see any questionable coaching tonight.  He put the players in position to succeed and that is all a coach can do.  Tonight at the end was about player execution and our lack of play makers on the perimeter.

I agree with others who have pointed out that pounding the ball inside to Trayce when Stewart, Kopp, and even Bates were mildly hitting shots was not s good move. The pass that Race tried to force inside that was stolen was telegraphed by everyone. We can all agree that we did not want XJ taking the last shot. That is on the coach 

Edited by Rev_AK

Just because the shots didn't go in doesn't mean the offensive play calls were bad.  I saw more movement and players coming off screens and got a lot of good looks.

I think once Woodson gets more shooters and wing players who are the best players.  I think in the future it will be best for us to have one big who is an athletic 6'10 guy. Also one who you don't play through and he gets his scoring through offensive rebounds and fish offs   I think our 4 in the future should be like Banks who is around 6'8 and athletic and can shoot from the perimeter.

• Like 2

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

If would have at least finished 6 of 9 from the free throw line, there is no OT, we win the game.  

You can’t just tack 3 points on at some random point and assume everything stays exactly the same and we win. You clearly haven’t seen Back To The Future. 

Everyone is talking about that timeout with 90 seconds left and up 4 that produced a turnover. The truth is that's one out of a bunch things that cost Indiana the game in regulation. Free throws (left 8 on the floor), 8 billion turnovers in the first half, a dozen dumb layups missed...again,  shooting old lady percentages from the three point line, Jackson missing 4 free throws in a row, if you take Stewart's three's away this team went 3 for 15 from three. I could go on and on and on and on and on and on....

Just now, IU Scott said:

Just because the shots didn't go in doesn't mean the offensive play calls were bad.  I saw more movement and players coming off screens and got a lot of good looks.

I think once Woodson gets more shooters and wing players who are the best players.  I think in the future it will be best for us to have one big who is an athletic 6'10 guy. Also one who you don't play through and he gets his scoring through offensive rebounds and fish offs   I think our 4 in the future should be like Banks who is around 6'8 and athletic and can shoot from the perimeter.

Completely agree. This is not the offense Woodson has said he wants or described. He has said he has always had 4's that could shoot and he was even a little ahead of the game on shooting a lot of 3's in the NBA. 

But, he's got to change the roster and upgrade the talent to make that happen. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Rev_AK said:

I agree with others who have pointed out that pounding the ball inside to Trayce when Stewart, Kopp, and even Bates were mildly hitting shots was not s good move. The pass that Race tried to force inside that was stolen was telegraphed by everyone. We can all agree that we did not want XJ taking the last shot. That is on the coach 

I didn't see it as all forcing the ball inside and saw way more guys coming off screens.  With him being our best player you need to play through him and that is how we got the lead.  That kickout to Tamar and the 3 he hit to put us up 4.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

Just now, Artesian_86 said:

If would have at least finished 6 of 9 from the free throw line, there is no OT, we win the game.  

This is the truth.  I watched leal miss 2 at the end of first half and TJD miss both on 2 occasions maybe.  

just blows my mind.  We have the best record for “could have won” games. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

He was 3-9 all from 5 feet in. How does his game translate to the next level?

It doesn’t. And I’m not interested in watching guys stand around the perimeter anymore while they wait on TJD to try to score down low. Give me the three incoming freshmen, TG, AL, JG, TB, and LD and then hit the portal to grab five hard-nosed guys with basketball IQ for next year. Not interested in the circus that is KL anymore either. In these new NIL days, this is big boy basketball. Hope CMW is concerned about finding 13 guys that can move this program forward next year, be damned with feelings. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Cbp4IU said:

I’ll ask the question:

You are Mike Woodson… This off-season do you blow the roster up (Crean them) and restart with a whole new crew or run it back 1 more year with basically the same results then maybe sneak in. 

It will be an interesting off-season for sure. IU has a lot of juniors returning, plus with the new guys coming in, what do you do with them?

I'm for an all out "Creaning"....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Completely agree. This is not the offense Woodson has said he wants or described. He has said he has always had 4's that could shoot and he was even a little ahead of the game on shooting a lot of 3's in the NBA. 

But, he's got to change the roster and upgrade the talent to make that happen. 

I am 100% in agreement.  Someone said keep about 5 guys and sent the rest packing.  Sounds good.  My question is how easy would it be to do that with?  Will Dolson be good with it? Next question is if Woodson can get the right players from the portal? His results thus far, albeit on short notice, aren't good.

• Like 1