OSU Post Game Thread

Huntnfreak

I do not know what the disfunction is with team nor do I profess to know. I will leave that to the more knowledgeable posters of HSN to make their arguments. I do agree that is a combination of the players in today's game, coaching in today's game, and an institutional arrogance in today's game. Which one has a bigger impact is far beyond my knowledge level.

But, I do find it disheartening when my boys are up late in the second half and continue to stumble over themselves securing a victory. I see so much positive with these players and then I see so much negative as well.

When will this end?

Help us Obi One Kenobi, you're only hope.

6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We'll get there....just keep the faith. The frustration right now is 2 decades worth of stuff. Not just this year....but to see our kids so close so many times and to fall short is frustrating as heck. There will be better days just not on the timeline most want in today's world. 

Happens everywhere though. My tax attorney is a Sparty fan she said to me last week If you back out the 19 team Izzo has 2 tourney wins since 2016 it has to get better. Look at Underwood....year 5 on the job he has one tourney win. Could go on and on. 

Woodson will get us there. Never been this confident in the Macro in 2 decades. Just takes time.

What is this? Actual perspective? Is this kind of talk tolerated? 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Funny you say that.  I have little kids.  I watched a kids' cooking championship with my family last night and recorded the second half.  I then watched it later after they went to bed.  

I guess I am just in a different time in my life.   I am divorced and both of my kids are out and have their own families so I don't have much else in my life.

• Like 2

Just now, IU Scott said:

I guess I am just in a different time in my life.   I am divorced and both of my kids are out and have their own families so I don't have much else in my life.

I will always appreciate your enthusiasm and passion for IU basketball.  One of my friends said years ago, Big Ten basketball gets you through the winter period in January and February.  I love that quote.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I would be the same. Your job now is to get the grandkids half as devoted as you are to Indiana Basketball 

I will actually get to see both granddaughters Sunday.  My daughter has been hesitant to go out with her daughter with all the COVID since she is only 3 months.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Anyone who doesn’t want TJD & Race back is an idiot.

You played O$U even with 6 players because those 2 set a physical tone especially on defense 

I want both back with the assumption they’ll be PART of the offense, not all of the offense. I have zero interest in watching these two back guys down while our perimeter guys stand around doing nothing. If the offense is going to be the same, no thanks, I’m ready to move on. Call me an idiot. I don’t care. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I want both back with the assumption they’ll be PART of the offense, not all of the offense. I have zero interest in watching these two back guys down while our perimeter guys stand around doing nothing. If the offense is going to be the same, no thanks, I’m ready to move on. Call me an idiot. I don’t care. 

I like both players.  They are obviously the strength of the team.  These guys also have great character. 

The unfortunate thing is they don't have ideal synergy.  Both operate best near the basket.  Neither is particularly long.  You'd like a longer guy who can step out and consistently shoot to complement the other.   Yes, Race tries to step away and stretch the floor, but he's shooting 25% from 3 so defenses don't take him particularly seriously.

Different subject, but I would be trying to get Kopp more looks.   We got a glimpse in the second half yesterday what he can do and then he inexplicably didn't come back in the game.  He's a senior who has demonstrated that he can score in this league.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Best job in the world...

My grandson's favorite phrase to his Mom (my oldest daughter) "Grandpa says he outranks you." 😁

My kids think it's hilarious when my parents or my wife's call us out on something lol.  I remember liking that too when I was a kid.  It can be jarring to witness it initially.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

Just now, dbmhoosier said:

I wonder if there's truth to what's being said on Btownbanners that Woody only listens to NBA guys and not Fife and Matta and that Fife might be moving on after the season.  Would make a lot of sense. 

I highly doubt it's true. Funny the timing of how this stuff always comes out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

I wonder if there's truth to what's being said on Btownbanners that Woody only listens to NBA guys and not Fife and Matta and that Fife might be moving on after the season.  Would make a lot of sense. 

I'd be disappointed if that happened.  If there is an issue, I would like to see them repair it.

Somebody said Randy Wittman went to see a player with Woody.  Maybe at this stage of his career, he could be an assistant to keep himself busy.  I would not be averse to finding him a role.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Don't believe it for one moment, and like BGlease said why didn't we hear anything about it when we were 16-5

• Like 4