OSU Post Game Thread

Huntnfreak

Just now, IU Scott said:

We better hope Woodson is the one to turn it around because the candidates the next time will not be pretty.  As fans we can't just jump ship on a coach less than a year into his tenure.  I know most don't agree with me but I think one of the reasons we have trouble getting good coaches is the fan base.  Why would any established coach who is winning where they are at come here.  If they see fans already questioning the job status of a coach on year one, they will steer clear of this job.

Woodson is here because of Isaiah Thomas. Period.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

That is what I am talking about with our game is that we lose faith and turn on coaches to quickly.  Since RMK left we had 6 coaches, 6 AD's and hundreds of players who we are quick to blame.  The one constant in those years are the fans and how quick we turn on them.

Extremely kind of you to call Dan Dakich a coach but I agree with the rest of your statement.

5 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Woodson is here because of Isaiah Thomas. Period.

Well Stevens turned us down and no other big name coaches are leaving.  If not Woodson we would had to hire another up and coming mid major coach like Porter Mosier.  Woodson has a better record that Mosier had right now.

Edited by IU Scott

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That is what I am talking about with our game is that we lose faith and turn on coaches to quickly.  Since RMK left we had 6 coaches, 6 AD's and hundreds of players who we are quick to blame.  The one constant in those years are the fans and how quick we turn on them.

So don’t take me wrong, I’m not already advocating for Woodson to be fired.

That said, the incompetence within the administration is to blame. Not the fans lol. Pitino wanted the job. Unless there was a hooker issue, he would likely still be here and playing for number 7.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I like Woodson and want him to do well.  That’s the best outcome for everyone.  You can’t coach at IU and lose five in a row—some of them winnable—and sit there with a smile and pretend like it’s ok.  It’s not ok.  

Maryland is basically a gimme.  But this is the Big Ten and even they’ll knock your teeth out and send you reeling if you don’t have answers.  Just turn on the tape of us, and do what everyone else does to us.  We ain’t going to do anything about it.  

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what you or I think.  He’s got to win.  That’s all.  

The portal is mission critical for him. 

• Like 2

Just now, SawatchHoosier said:

Extremely kind of you to call Dan Dakich a coach but I agree with the rest of your statement.

He did coach games here after the scumbag got what he deserved.  I still blame the President who insisted on is hiring the scumbag. If the stories are true that the AD was going to hire Beilein so that decision killed IU.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I’m sure everyone noticed that Wisconsin went to Johnny Davis every time late and we never adjusted and Stewart laid down defensively.  

OSU scouted that and literally did the exact same thing.   Branham took the Davis role and IU had no answer.  No adjustment other than to let Race switch over which was ill-fated.  

Every team we play will do this because we ain’t adjusting.  

I think what you described is that other teams have playmakers down the stretch where you can put the ball in their hands.  Soon, this will be IU.  Coach will get it done.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I like Woodson and want him to do well.  That’s the best outcome for everyone.  You can’t coach at IU and lose five in a row—some of them winnable—and sit there with a smile and pretend like it’s ok.  It’s not ok.  

Maryland is basically a gimme.  But this is the Big Ten and even they’ll knock your teeth out and send you reeling if you don’t have answers.  Just turn on the tape of us, and do what everyone else does to us.  We ain’t going to do anything about it.  

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what you or I think.  He’s got to win.  That’s all.  

The portal is mission critical for him. 

I think we will win the next two games and the Rutgers game will be the make or break game.

• Like 1

Just now, Fiveoutofsix said:

I think what you described is that other teams have playmakers down the stretch where you can put the ball in their hands.  Soon, this will be IU.  Coach will get it done.  

I want him to.  We need players.  

But I also expected a coach with NBA chops and an all star staff to play match up ball better and make adjustments quickly.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Inequality said:

So don’t take me wrong, I’m not already advocating for Woodson to be fired.

That said, the incompetence within the administration is to blame. Not the fans lol. Pitino wanted the job. Unless there was a hooker issue, he would likely still be here and playing for number 7.

This fan, me, sees that this coaching staff is taking a bunch of role players, one score first pg, and TJD and have them in every game playing as hard as we seen the past 20 years.  Next year three years, the kids signed up to come in are change makers and the growth of Bates, etc..... it is going to happen.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cbp4IU said:

I’ll ask the question:

You are Mike Woodson… This off-season do you blow the roster up (Crean them) and restart with a whole new crew or run it back 1 more year with basically the same results then maybe sneak in. 

I would have been fine had he blown it up after the embarrassment in Chicago.   Pretty much knew we were screwed after that knowing who we had left to play.    I'd much rather see Leal, Bates, Galloway and Geronimo getting minutes and experience.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Indy1987 said:

I would have been fine had he blown it up after the embarrassment in Chicago.   Pretty much knew we were screwed after that knowing who we had left to play.    I'd much rather see Leal, Bates, Galloway and Geronimo getting minutes and experience.

Go Hoosiers!!!

Geronimo should have played a hell of a lot more today.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, BobSaccamanno said:

But I also expected a coach with NBA chops and an all star staff to play match up ball better and make adjustments quickly.  

Hes not going to go zone.  The Defense kept IU in the game.  The choices were Kopp, Stewart, or Jordan G to guard.  They went with a ball handler if they needed one to play against pressure.  And i'm not calling him a great ball handler.....who do you have with your 2nd, 3rd and 4th pgs out.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

There are some players no matter the match up just had the ability to score. There were a few of those mid range pull ups that were well defended. Against UW, Davis made two or three contested jumpers.

1 minute ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

This fan, me, sees that this coaching staff is taking a bunch of role players, one score first pg, and TJD and have them in every game playing as hard as we seen the past 20 years.  Next year three years, the kids signed up to come in are change makers and the growth of Bates, etc..... it is going to happen.  

They are playing hard and the defense is outstanding for the most part.  But we are too predictable on offense and we let matchups beat us too easily.  Everyone anticipates what we are doing.  We aren’t the 60s Packers where we can tell everyone we are running off tackle and we dare you to stop us.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

He was absolutely phenomenally terrible on D.  Just killed us.  Nobody hurt us more than he did.  The staff should never have allowed that to happen.  

He was put in a tough position to play roles he’s not used to playing. Just saying that he gave everything he was capable of giving and made big shots. All when many (including myself) have question his commitment to this team. 

I agree with your last point. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Prefacing this with I am a Woodson fan…

My reaction is, when your strength is TJD and you count on him down the stretch, it comes down to:

-Making FT's

-Playing through non called contact in the B1G

-Playmaking by wings to take pressure off

Edited by Fiveoutofsix
  • Like 3

The other issue is everyone knows we are feeding the post late.  Even if the defense overplays it, we don’t shift gears or take what the D gives you.  Miller Kopp is a senior who has been around with a sweet stroke.  Get him a look. Have Race come out high and screen for a shooter.  Spread the floor.  Stop just force feeding it into an overplayed post.   

The problem with this and our wing defense is it’s just the same thing. 

• Like 1

I wish Indy Star was not a pay site because they have an article about Cupp the PG recruit.  The headline was former Purdue great  and Lebron gushes over Cupp.  To me if he keeps developing he will be the kind of PG we will need going forward.  I think with Cupp, JHS, Bates, Newton and Banks we got the making of a really good team. Add some long and athletic big guys we will be better 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 3