Cursive writing......

rico

33 minutes ago, rico said:

I always hated writing in cursive and stopped as soon as I was in high school and they didn't require it. The only use I had for cursive writing was signing my name...and if you ever saw my signature, you might not recognize it as cursive ha.

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

I always hated writing in cursive and stopped as soon as I was in high school and they didn't require it. The only use I had for cursive writing was signing my name...and if you ever saw my signature, you might not recognize it as cursive ha.

But I assume you know how to read it?

I went through all of school, knowing, understanding and using cursive.  Long before it was no longer mandated.  Still recall the cursive posters in nearly every one of my classrooms, including high school.  Cursive writing is considered an art form by some.  And has been proven to develop areas of the brain, for developing children,  that can go unused, when cursive is not taught or used in the school system. 

It's good that someone in Indiana recognizes the value of cursive writing, and is attempting to do something about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived