Maryland Post Game

Inequality

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Finally the streak is over. I think why we were losing was Stewart took out his dreads.  Well tonight he had the dreads back and we win.  Also it looks like Johnson got a haircut to help snap the streak.  Johnson was outstanding tonight and played under control.

Their Braids not Dreads, but yea I thought the same thing! He looks better with the braids anyway!

Just now, BGleas said:

XJ was phenomenal, one of the best pg performances we've seen in an IU uniform in a long time. 

I'm sure TJD's foul trouble contributed, but even before he went out I noticed us playing much less through post and more through the PnR game. We also had more movement off the ball. 

I'm hoping they were specific adjustments from the staff because that it how we should be playing instead of the Trayce and Race show on the block all the time. 

Even in the first half when we missed I thought they got good shots and ran a good offense.  Wish we could have shot like this in this 5 game losing streak because few of those losses would have been wins.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Finally the streak is over. I think why we were losing was Stewart took out his dreads.  Well tonight he had the dreads back and we win.  Also it looks like Johnson got a haircut to help snap the streak.  Johnson was outstanding tonight and played under control.

Just now, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Their Braids not Dreads, but yea I thought the same thing! He looks better with the braids anyway!

He went with kinda a Betsy Ross look tonight...

• Like 1

XJ - MVP by far. No chance to win games without him playing well.

TJD - Always a force on D, but man his offense has been poor lately. Missed a bunch of bunnies again. Sporadic on FTs. 

Kopp - finally provided a little spark, but need him to hit 3s.

PS - has to shoot better or shouldn’t play. 

RT - a couple careless turnovers, but another workman-like performance for him. 

TB - exact opposite performance from OSU. Has to be smarter with decision-making.

AL/JG - Solid sparks off the bench

Must win game coming up at Minny. 😬

• Like 6

Just now, IU Scott said:

Even in the first half when we missed I thought they got good shots and ran a good offense.  Wish we could have shot like this in this 5 game losing streak because few of those losses would have been wins.

Agree, I just hope we keep running offense this way. Hope it was a real change and not just sort of accidental. 

• Like 4