Maryland Post Game

Inequality

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

XJ was phenomenal, one of the best pg performances we've seen in an IU uniform in a long time. 

I'm sure TJD's foul trouble contributed, but even before he went out I noticed us playing much less through post and more through the PnR game. We also had more movement off the ball. 

I'm hoping they were specific adjustments from the staff because that it how we should be playing instead of the Trayce and Race show on the block all the time. 

We got some WIDE open threes early, we just didn’t hit them. We need to play much more that way moving forward. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would know because I don't have enough hair to have either.

Ok, for your old, white ass I will teach you (which I am also!) Braids are 3 strands, twist left over right, right over left over and over and over. Dreads are, rub bacon grease in your hair, don't wash it for 6 months and try to make felt out of it.

I wear a somewhat flat top, but I have 4 daughters and 6 grand daughters. I'm a braidin MF'er! 😄

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

Good W, lots to like about it. XJ has the ability to be brilliant, as he was tonight, so hoping he can build from this and finish the season strong. 

I think we need to get Rob or Trey or both back if we’re going to win the rest of the games we need to win to make the tournament, though. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Ok, for your old, white ass I will teach you (which I am also!) Braids are 3 strands, twist left over right, right over left over and over and over. Dreads are, rub bacon grease in your hair, don't wash it for 6 months and try to make felt out of it.

I wear a somewhat flat top, but I have 4 daughters and 6 grand daughters. I'm a braidin MF'er! 😄

I used to braid my ex-wife's hair.  It contributed to my alcoholism.

• Haha 6

47 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Even in the first half when we missed I thought they got good shots and ran a good offense.  Wish we could have shot like this in this 5 game losing streak because few of those losses would have been wins.

Could’ve won the OSU game practically handed to us. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Been saying for weeks XJ needs to penetrate, not settle, and get to the hole. I don’t buy the whole “the lane is clogged with bigs” argument. When he penetrates have TJD slide down to the baseline for the bounce pass. This is middle school stuff. 

But we ran our offense differently tonight, so it's hard to say that wasn't the case. We had a lot more high ball screens which really opened things up, and TJD sitting didn't exactly hurt us. 

Not that I want us to be Purdue, but I think it highlights why they don't play two post players together AT ALL despite having two of the best in the country. 

• Like 4