Minnesota II Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lol this is one of the games you guys reference when he benched them? 

How gutsy of him 😂😂😂

A true innovator - it led to the load management we see in the NBA today. 

Fun fact: Bob Knight invented everything good and bad about basketball and if we just did things the way he did in that one season we would never lose a game. 

• Like 1

In my inner circle I started taking bets 3 games ago that we'd win3 more game. The last game and this one and our opener in the NIT. 

Something that has stood out to me over the course of the year is that we play some of our best ball with TJD on the bench. It gives me a lot of hope for next year. Race will be a Big Ten MVP contender, Johnson will be more consistent and Geronimo will be a great sidekick roll player. Bates will finally show up and we'll have Galloway. The additions will be the difference in a similar record and a record that should've and could've been this year. 

24 minutes ago, ba43056 said:

In my inner circle I started taking bets 3 games ago that we'd win3 more game. The last game and this one and our opener in the NIT. 

Something that has stood out to me over the course of the year is that we play some of our best ball with TJD on the bench. It gives me a lot of hope for next year. Race will be a Big Ten MVP contender, Johnson will be more consistent and Geronimo will be a great sidekick roll player. Bates will finally show up and we'll have Galloway. The additions will be the difference in a similar record and a record that should've and could've been this year. 

Yep.  Sure fire addition by subtraction.  It hasn't been wrong these past 20+ years.

drake-nods.gif

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Do must brackets still have IU in the tournament??

I think the main consensus is that as of today IU is in. To stay in we need to win 2 of these final 3. 

To be an absolute, 100% lock with a somewhat favorable seed (not in the play-in or 8/9 game), we need to win 2 of the next 3 and 1 BTT game. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think the main consensus is that as of today IU is in. To stay in we need to win 2 of these final 3. 

To be an absolute, 100% lock with a somewhat favorable seed (not in the play-in or 8/9 game), we need to win 2 of the next 3 and 1 BTT game. 

At this point I'd rather us be an 11 seed. Play the 6 which is a fringe top 25 team and maybe get an overranked 3 seed. 8/9 is the line I want to avoid. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

At this point I'd rather us be an 11 seed. Play the 6 which is a fringe top 25 team and maybe get an overranked 3 seed. 8/9 is the line I want to avoid. 

I don’t disagree with you, but at this point I just want to hear our name called. Everything and anything else is extra this season. I do believe winning the next two gets us in, and I do believe that will happen. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I don’t disagree with you, but at this point I just want to hear our name called. Everything and anything else is extra this season. I do believe winning the next two gets us in, and I do believe that will happen. 

We are in no matter what with winning these next two. Shoot I could see a scenario where we lose tonight and beat Rutgers, lose to Purdue but win first game of BTT and still get in.

I'd rather just win these next two and be done with it though!

• Like 1