2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Besides the offseason months...April is the least money making month for MLB owners I just heard. The guy on DP said it very well I believe. If the owners don't worry about losing games in April why would the average fan care about tuning in to watch in May?

I'm not saying this is going 1994 but I really hope this isn't something similar. The diehard baseball fans will tune in no matter what...but the average fan? Might just tune out.

Lock it out through the middle of June and the college season can be covered/broadcast even more!! I hope it doesn't happen for your guys sake, but I won't bat an eye, if they lock out the season and we get more CBB as a result haha!!

Again.. I hope there isn't a lock out. Just saying that would be a "good" product of the MLB having a lock out. 

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Besides the offseason months...April is the least money making month for MLB owners I just heard. The guy on DP said it very well I believe. If the owners don't worry about losing games in April why would the average fan care about tuning in to watch in May?

I'm not saying this is going 1994 but I really hope this isn't something similar. The diehard baseball fans will tune in no matter what...but the average fan? Might just tune out.

JMO, but I feel MLB has always done a poor job of scheduling in the month of April.  I mean there is still a chance of snow in the northern cities.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rico said:

JMO, but I feel MLB has always done a poor job of scheduling in the month of April.  I mean there is still a chance of snow in the northern cities.

Yep. I've sat at Wrigley many of times with snowflakes in the air. It all balances out but why not just have the non-domed Northern cities start their 9 game road trips out West or down South? For the NL only...should be easy to send NY, Philly, Cubs, Pirates,etc...somewhere. Nationals and Cincy is warmer but even they could join too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I think the fans on opening day whenever that is should boycott the first game. Go to the stadium but start a pick it line and not go I to the stadium.

Edited by IU Scott

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. I've sat at Wrigley many of times with snowflakes in the air. It all balances out but why not just have the non-domed Northern cities start their 9 game road trips out West or down South? For the NL only...should be easy to send NY, Philly, Cubs, Pirates,etc...somewhere. Nationals and Cincy is warmer but even they could join too. 

I've been in the grandstand shadows at Wrigley in early June and been cold...

• Like 1

I'm a Reds fan, but even I would be willing to give up the traditional 'home opener' for starting on the road in warmer weather.  Heck, they truly have not been the MLB opener for the last 20+ years anyway.  

The following teams should always start the season at home through the first week

• Milwaukee (Retractable Roof)
  • Arizona (Warm and Retractable)
  • LA Angels (Weather)
  • L.A. Dodgers (Weather)
  • Texas (Weather and Retractable)
  • Miami (Weather and Retractable)
  • Houston (Weather and Retractable)
  • Oakland (Weather)
  • San Francisco (Weather)
  • San Diego (Weather)
  • Blue jays (Retractable)
  • Mariners (Retractable)
  • Rays (Dome)
  • Braves (Weather)

That's 14, and you need 15 for a full slate of games.  Expansion or new stadium in old location could fix the shortage of natural candidates, or you can just give the final spot to Cincinnati until a better option is available.   

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 2

• BGleas pinned this topic
11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

It will never happen, but they could chop a week off the calendar at the start of the season to alleviate some of the weather issues by simply scheduling 7-8 Sunday doubleheaders a year like they used to do.

Looks as though we won't have to worry about it this year.  <sigh>

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't know where Manfred ranks in the all time of commissioners...but it would be hard to say someone is behind him. Just ask Theo to be the commissioner and call it a day. 

In my lifetime?

Giamatti 

Uberroth 

Vincent 

Frick 

Kuhn 

Selig 

Manfried

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

When and if I happens I won't be tuning in. I am over giving any of my time and money to baseball. I get it, what the players are fighting for but the fans continue to be forgotten. 

You riding down with Scott to protest?