2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

When and if I happens I won't be tuning in. I am over giving any of my time and money to baseball. I get it, what the players are fighting for but the fans continue to be forgotten. 

In its purest form, it will always be the greatest sport there is.  Little League, high school, collegiate, and minor leagues will still be out there to enjoy.

Dont hate the sport.  Hate the process in place for MLB.

• Like 4

Just now, rico said:

You riding down with Scott to protest?

Not going to give them that much time. When it cost 400 plus for a family of 4 to see a game and people look so forward to it. I am just done with Billionaires fighting with Millionaires when the Avg fan might have to save money just to go see a game.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not going to give them that much time. When it cost 400 plus for a family of 4 to see a game and people look so forward to it. I am just done with Billionaires fighting with Millionaires when the Avg fan might have to save money just to go see a game.

Time for the Federal Government to step in.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In its purest form, it will always be the greatest sport there is.  Little League, high school, collegiate, and minor leagues will still be out there to enjoy.

I agree love the game.  I miss my sons college games. Our family goes to several games a year and have a bucket list to fo to every MLB stadium but I will probably take the year off

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I always say the same thing when it comes to baseball. 5 20's that make up the 100% of fans. 

1) Top 20% will always watch or go to games because they love baseball

2) The next 60% is what baseball seems hell bent on losing

3) The last 20% they've already lost between strikes, steroids, small market/large market stuff over the years,etc..

I love baseball and more than likely will return to where I'm in the 1 camp but right now I find myself between 1 and bordering 2.....and the Cubs fire sale hasn't helped my mood either. I just hope they get it figured out. Arguing about extra 0's isn't a good look given the climate of our country. 

• Like 2

I'll add one more thing about this cancelling of series. Maybe an unintended consequence or maybe part of the plan by the owners. If they cancel another 2-3 more series would that mean players wouldn't get full service year of credit? My understanding is if player misses 15 days they don't earn a year of service. Would that be in play in here and owners using that?

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Well, if what I heard on the radio happens then you will see less minor league games. I heard that MLB wants to try get rid of most minor league teams and they rather open up more baseball academies.

On 3/2/2022 at 5:44 PM, IU Scott said:

Well, if what I heard on the radio happens then you will see less minor league games. I heard that MLB wants to try get rid of most minor league teams and they rather open up more baseball academies.

That......would suck.

• Like 1

Good friend of mine here in town. Let's just call it he fell on some hard times. Finally saved enough loot and scheduled a trip (since January) for his two kids and him to go to Arizona this week to watch Cubs Spring Training. Needless to say no games.

Arizona and Arizona St are out of town this week but they are going to catch a game Friday in Phoenix. Just hate the impact these cancellations have on fans across the country. There is a growing frustration out there and I really hope the MLBPA/Owners realize their product can be dismissed just like anything else to a large majority of casual fans. 

• Sad 3