2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

7 minutes ago, rico said:

He very well might.

Personally, I think Votto needs to publicly voice his disapproval of what the Reds' FO is doing here.

I went over to a reds message board and a poster said in the trade machine that the Reds got the best of this trade.  It said the machine rejected the trade because it had Seattle giving up to much in this trade.

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I went over to a reds message board and a poster said in the trade machine that the Reds got the best of this trade.  It said the machine rejected the trade because it had Seattle giving up to much in this trade.

The majority of that value is based on a guy who has never pitched above Double A.  So, he may or may not even work out.  At some point you have to rely on proven talent.  The Reds are letting Winker go just as he is entering into his prime and getting nothing proven back in return.  That's insanity.  

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The majority of that value is based on a guy who has never pitched above Double A.  So, he may or may not even work out.  At some point you have to rely on proven talent.  The Reds are letting Winker go just as he is entering into his prime and getting nothing proven back in return.  That's insanity.  

The Reds are the definition of insane, stupid, and moronic.

The player to be named later it the Reds deal from yesterday is going to be one of about 5 players. The M’s have given the Reds a list of about 5 players that they can scout and evaluate and then pick which one they want. They have 2 months to decide who they are going to choose but could pick at any time between now and then. 

2 hours ago, DC2345 said:

The player to be named later it the Reds deal from yesterday is going to be one of about 5 players. The M’s have given the Reds a list of about 5 players that they can scout and evaluate and then pick which one they want. They have 2 months to decide who they are going to choose but could pick at any time between now and then. 

I'm guessing Jesse Winker isn't on that list.  :coffee:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Is that supposed to make me feel better?  

Meanwhile, the Dodgers pay Freeman $163m for 6 yrs.  That's the third year straight where they've given a player a $100m contract.  The small market teams struggle to compete with that kind of spending no matter what anyone says.  Just my opinion.  But baseball has lots of problems.

25 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

After hearing Carlos Correa was a Cubs lean all winter, the high dollar Twinks come in and take him off the table...

I know the Reds fans on here are ticked and they should be.....but my/our Cubs are just ticking me off right now. 

Castellanos to Phillies along with Schwarber.....at least they are trying to be competitive. Ricketts can say all he wants there is no spending restrictions but every action says otherwise. 

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Can't believe the Twins are even going out and spending money, they signed Carlos Correa.

I took a look at deal just now. It's 3 years but Correa has opt outs after this year so this might just end up being a 1 year deal....but to your point. The Twins going out and getting Correa/Gray at least shows effort by ownership.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

After hearing Carlos Correa was a Cubs lean all winter, the high dollar Twinks come in and take him off the table...

No reason the Cubs should ever be outbid by the Twins. If this is a guy they actually want and think can accelerate the rebuild, they should have gotten him signed. I'm sure the Ricketts will continue to cry poor though. I really hope they don't get that Chelsea soccer team.

• Like 1