2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

9 games into the season and I find myself turning on MLB and wanting to watch other games vs my Cubs.

One bright spot. Suzuki seems like the real deal. Been awhile since I've seen a disciplined hitter in the batters box. 

Baseball is the one sport I enjoy watching more when I dont have a rooting interest.

College hoops, any more I pretty much watch IU and the NCAA tournament and nothing else.

NFL, I watch the Bengals, of course, but I'm watching other games primarily with an eye towards how my fantasy teams are doing.

NBA & NHL?  No interest in watching at all.  

But, baseball.  I just really enjoy watching the game.  And, watching is more enjoyable when the Reds are not involved.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Baseball is the one sport I enjoy watching more when I dont have a rooting interest.

College hoops, any more I pretty much watch IU and the NCAA tournament and nothing else.

NFL, I watch the Bengals, of course, but I'm watching other games primarily with an eye towards how my fantasy teams are doing.

NBA & NHL?  No interest in watching at all.  

But, baseball.  I just really enjoy watching the game.  And, watching is more enjoyable when the Reds are not involved.

For the most part pretty much the same. I can watch football though all day any day....college or pros. Baseball though has me just ticked with my Cubs. Easier to watch somebody else.

Speaking of someone else you just know the Reds are going to pull a Reds move and fire Bell early. Try to blame their roster on someone else. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For the most part pretty much the same. I can watch football though all day any day....college or pros. Baseball though has me just ticked with my Cubs. Easier to watch somebody else.

Speaking of someone else you just know the Reds are going to pull a Reds move and fire Bell early. Try to blame their roster on someone else. 

I'm not a big Bell fan, but if they fire him at any point this season, that's plain dirty.  They gave him a roster that would not win a Triple A championship.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm not a big Bell fan, but if they fire him at any point this season, that's plain dirty.  They gave him a roster that would not win a Triple A championship.

Some entrepreneurial Reds fan needs to make a Tshirt up with Oh Well...Where you gonna go phrase on it. I would think at least 10k Reds fans would buy.

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He will get fired.  The management will say it is because of under performance!

• Like 1

Beautiful night for baseball in the Windy City. 37 degrees and falling temps, wind gusts of 30 mph blowing in from left center...and chances of snow squalls. 

I don't have a degree in scheduling like MLB does but why they thought bringing Tampa to Chicago in April was a good idea instead of flipping the games. Shoot half of Chicago is in SW Florida this time of year anyway....Tampa would welcome the sold out games. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rico said:

A nice early season read on the state of the game:

https://joeposnanski.substack.com/p/where-did-all-the-home-runs-go?s=r

The truncated spring training probably has something to do with it...

And maybe the Haitians aren't winding the balls as tight this year...

Seriously, all it's going to take is one team showing a different way to win...first team that can make the running game work for wins again will start the trend...

8 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Beautiful night for baseball in the Windy City. 37 degrees and falling temps, wind gusts of 30 mph blowing in from left center...and chances of snow squalls. 

I don't have a degree in scheduling like MLB does but why they thought bringing Tampa to Chicago in April was a good idea instead of flipping the games. Shoot half of Chicago is in SW Florida this time of year anyway....Tampa would welcome the sold out games. 

I've been to Wrigley in April...and froze by a$$ off too. Never to a night game in April however. And yes. MLB makes no sense having Tampa playing in Chicago in mid April. They will probably have Cubs visit Tampa in mid July for an afternoon game as well.

• Like 1