2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds win a wild one vs the Brewers 14-11. Reds pitchers had trouble with big leads today. Got up 8-0 after 2 but the starter couldn't even get through 5 to get the win. After the Reds scored 6 in the bottom of the 8th to go up 14-5 the Reds bullpen gave up 6 in the top of the 9th.

...as Yelich goes for another cycle against the Redlegs...

2 hours ago, rico said:

...as Yelich goes for another cycle against the Redlegs...

For me, hitting for the cycle is one of the more interesting achievements.  More interesting than a no-hitter.  Not on par with a perfect game, and a little bit behind a 4-homer game.   

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

For me, hitting for the cycle is one of the more interesting achievements.  More interesting than a no-hitter.  Not on par with a perfect game, and a little bit behind a 4-homer game.   

Yeah, I put it behind  a 2-triple game myself.

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Connor Overton for the NL RoY...Stephenson is on fire...

This could very well have been an entirely different season if the start of it had not been delayed.  If I recall, the Reds had games against the Cubs and Pirates scheduled that first week.  Could have built some momentum.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This could very well have been an entirely different season if the start of it had not been delayed.  If I recall, the Reds had games against the Cubs and Pirates scheduled that first week.  Could have built some momentum.  

Who knows?  But maybe the Reds can go on a 20 game winning streak?

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Overton first Reds starter with a quality start this year. 6.1 innings 0 runs.

First Reds starter to go 6 innings or more.  The 32 games to do that is the longest to start a season in the MLB since 1893.  That's, 18, not 19.   

• Like 2

Tigers have 88 runs in 32 games. The only other team under 100 is the Royals, who have scored 91 even though they've played 4 fewer games. 

The Tigers have one series victory all season: taking 2 of 3 from the Royals in KC on Easter weekend, when the fourth game of the series was rained out. 

Is a team supposed to be this bad 5 years after starting a major rebuild? 

Edited by TheWatShot

6 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Tigers have 88 runs in 32 games. The only other team under 100 is the Royals, who have scored 91 even though they've played 4 fewer games. 

The Tigers have one series victory all season: taking 2 of 3 from the Royals in KC on Easter weekend, when the fourth game of the series was rained out. 

Hate to see the Tigers struggle like this.  As far as AL teams go, they are at the top of who I root for.  

How strong is their farm system?

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Friendly reminder that if the Cubs didn't have that 21-0 game they'd be in the under 100 club as well. 

11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

First Reds starter to go 6 innings or more.  The 32 games to do that is the longest to start a season in the MLB since 1893.  That's, 18, not 19.   

That's just an unreal stat. Good Lord our NL Central went from the toughest division in baseball a couple years ago to absolute garbage fest. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Friendly reminder that if the Cubs didn't have that 21-0 game they'd be in the under 100 club as well. 

Well, they still scored all those runs, even if they came all at once. This Tigers team would need literally a week to score that many. 

6 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Hate to see the Tigers struggle like this.  As far as AL teams go, they are at the top of who I root for.  

How strong is their farm system?

Preseason, it was ranked #10. It was in the top five within the last couple years. Spencer Torkelson (#1 pick in 2020) will be a good one. Casey Mize (#1 pick in 2018)...not sure about that one. I didn't like the idea of drafting a pitcher with the top pick then, and I like it even less now. If you have a pick that valuable, if it's not going to be the second coming of Cy Young, it better be someone who plays every day. Mize is still young, but I'm just not sold. He can't strike anyone out and has an alarmingly low swing and miss rate. 

At least I can always reflect fondly on 2006-2014. Some awfully good teams in there that just couldn't quite get it done. 

• Like 1

Mendoza Line Membership Watch

• Membership as of today is 25, down from 33 last week.
  • Former CEO Joey Votto has taken a leave of absence, but promises to return soon with his .122 average..
  • With dropping membership and high turnover among CEOs, the club has decided to leave the CEO open for the time being and appoint a 3-man executive committee to run things:  Jonathan Schoop, Trent Grisham, and Max Muncy (all at .144).
  • Notable (and well-paid) members include Marcus Simien, Kyle Schwarber, Matt Chapman, and Anthony Rendon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Reds offense once again comes alive against the Buccos...8-2 bottom of 7th.

They will never come close to digging out of that huge hole, but the team is nowhere close to being as bad as 3-24, or whatever it was.  They were playing that bad, absolutely.  But that was simply a run of ineptitude that comes along once every 25 years or so. 

That said, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they finish 3rd in the NL Central.   

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

They will never come close to digging out of that huge hole, but the team is nowhere close to being as bad as 3-24, or whatever it was.  They were playing that bad, absolutely.  But that was simply a run of ineptitude that comes along once every 25 years or so. 

That said, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they finish 3rd in the NL Central.   

Take out the 1-20 stretch the Reds will be 8-4 in the other games.  Another quality start Mahle 6IP and 2 runs.

Will be interesting to see what they will do when Votto, India and Senzel is able to come back.

Edited by IU Scott

Hunter Green took a no hitter into the 8th inning and got the first batter out. He then walked the next two batters and Bell took him out. Warren came in and walked the next batter and Pirates just scored on a fielders choice.  So the Reds are down 1-0 going to the 9th and still haven't given up a hit.