2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Reds lose 1-0 even though they did not give up a hit. First team to lose a game without giving up a hit since 2008.  Reds were hitting great but I lay scored 1 run on 7 hits in the last two games.

Just saw this come along the timeline. No hitter and lose. Tough one for sure after a good stretch.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just saw this come along the timeline. No hitter and lose. Tough one for sure after a good stretch.

Since they were on the road they didn't pitch the 9th inning so I don't know if it is considered a no hitter.  Also since it was more than one pitcher I don't consider it a no hitter.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Since they were on the road they didn't pitch the 9th inning so I don't know if it is considered a no hitter.  Also since it was more than one put her I don't consider it a no hitter.

This just fits the Reds season narrative so well.  It's laughable... and quite sad...both at the same time.

18 minutes ago, rico said:

Hopefully it means Green is gonna be a good one.

Didn't get to watch much of the game but it sounded like Green was very good today.  Probably need to be more pitch effecient and lower his walks, had 5 today. They took him out after 116 pitches

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't get to watch much of the game but it sounded like Green was very good today.  Probably need to be more pitch effecient and lower his walks, had 5 today. They took him out after 116 pitches

I hear ya...but a game like today he wins 99.9999999999999999999% of the time.

• Like 1

It's been long overdue since this resident Yankee fan has posted, but.....

HOW ABOUT DEM YANKEES????

Starting pitcher Nestor Cortes has been nothing short of phenomenal! And I'm starting to think this might be the Yankees year especially after yesterdays game against the White Sox. Yankees won 5-2 after getting only 2 hits for the entire game!!

Needless to say....

Go Yankees!

56 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Starting pitcher Nestor Cortes has been nothing short of phenomenal! And I'm starting to think this might be the Yankees year especially after yesterdays game against the White Sox. Yankees won 5-2 after getting only 2 hits for the entire game!!

Needless to say....

Go Yankees!

I think it's safe to say that only injuries will stop the Yankees from posting one of the 3 best records in baseball.  

But, in the playoffs, anything can happen and it usually does.

Edited by 5fouls

23 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Needless to say....

Go Yankees!

I saw some "stat" the other day but can't remember exactly how it was phrased.  But it went something like this is the 5th time in history the Yanks have started with so many wins in so many games.  The other 4 times they started like this they won the WS.

I will try to find it.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I think it's safe to say that only injuries will stop the Yankees from posting one of the 3 best records in baseball.  

But, in the playoffs, anything can happen and it usually does.

Who ya gonna root for when the Yanks square off against the Dodgers in the World Series?

1 hour ago, rico said:

Who ya gonna root for when the Yanks square off against the Dodgers in the World Series?

As I get older, I have mellowed when it comes to my dislike of MLB teams.  The only team I would actively root against would be the Cardinals.

If it was Yankees/Dodgers, i would root for an epic series full of drama and tension that came down to the bottom of the 9th in Game 7.  If I get that, it would not matter to me who won.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

As I get older, I have mellowed when it comes to my dislike of MLB teams.  The only team I would actively root against would be the Cardinals.

If it was Yankees/Dodgers, i would root for an epic series full of drama and tension that came down to the bottom of the 9th in Game 7.  If I get that, it would not matter to me who won.

Dodgers and Yankees have met a whopping 11 times in World Series play...

They started in 1941, then 47, 49, 52, 53 with the Yankees winning every series...

The Dodgers finally beat the Yankees in 1955 winning in 7 games behind Johnny Podres 2-0 shutout...

I read a book once that said in the aftermath, 3 Yankees fans in a Cadillac convertible drove around the streets of Brooklyn with a sign that said "Let the F*****s Win One." 

The Yankees came back and beat the Dodgers in 56, their next to last year in Brooklyn before moving to Los Angeles...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

Oh, coolest thing ever...

YouTube TV has a YouTube game of the week, which happens tonight to be Pirates-Cubs from Wrigley...

The really cool thing is, you can listen to YouTube's announcers, OR you can pick the Cubs radio broadcast with Pat Hughes (who is my favorite radio guy ever) OR the Pirates radio broadcast. 

All sports should explore this...Pat Hughes is just the best...too bad it's not Ron Santo up there with him rather than Ron Coomer...

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Oh, coolest thing ever...

YouTube TV has a YouTube game of the week, which happens tonight to be Pirates-Cubs from Wrigley...

The really cool thing is, you can listen to YouTube's announcers, OR you can pick the Cubs radio broadcast with Pat Hughes (who is my favorite radio guy ever) OR the Pirates radio broadcast. 

All sports should explore this...Pat Hughes is just the best...too bad it's not Ron Santo up there with him rather than Ron Coomer...

Watching the Cubs playing the Pirates is cool????

:coffee: