2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

On 5/19/2022 at 9:17 AM, rico said:

This is one of my good friends. Been close friends since 1st grade and became Little League teammates in 4th grade and were teammates through high school, and I almost played college ball with him. The guy is the hardest worker. His FB topped 88 in HS, mostly recruited as a hitter and needed arm surgery before first college season. Worked his tail off and got up to 95 and got signed. They hope to see him progress quickly.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Oneguy28 said:

This is one of my good friends. Been close friends since 1st grade and became Little League teammates in 4th grade and were teammates through high school, and I almost played college ball with him. The guy is the hardest worker. His FB topped 88 in HS, mostly recruited as a hitter and needed arm surgery before first college season. Worked his tail off and got up to 95 and got signed. They hope to see him progress quickly.

So it is safe to say we got another Whitko grad on here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, landrus13 said:

Goldy hits a walk off grand slam to give the Cards a win over Toronto. Was at the game and it was freaking awesome!

Happy for you that you got to see your team win a game like that.

Sad for you that you are a Cardinals fan.

10 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Just when I thought the Reds were trending towards not being the worst team in MLB, they remind me that they are by being unable to beat the Cubs.

I keep telling myself in a few years once Cubs ownership/mgt gets back to being committed to winning...I'll look at our starting lineup we have right now and laugh. We've got 1 maybe 2 guys on entire team that would crack Dodgers lineup (Contreras) and possible Hendricks. 

Such a shame for both teams. 

• Like 2

On 5/24/2022 at 12:22 PM, landrus13 said:

Goldy hits a walk off grand slam to give the Cards a win over Toronto. Was at the game and it was freaking awesome!

That’s awesome! We are scheduled to go to 6 or 7 games this year. Love me some Cardinals baseball! 

Just need to figure out their rotation and inconsistent hitting!

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The Bengals beat the Bears 20-5 today oops mean the Reds beat the Cubs.

Your post got me curious as to how many times a team scored just 5 points in a NFL game.  I could not find the specific number.  The closest I got was this graph that shows between 1966 and 2015 there have been both winning and losing teams score just 5.  By the looks of the bars, I'm guessing 1 winning team and 2 losing teams.  Interestingly, no team during this era ended a game with just 4 points.

image.png.800029db2f0b2d0f2913b284dbd11fa4.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Your post got me curious as to how many times a team scored just 5 points in a NFL game.  I could not find the specific number.  The closest I got was this graph that shows between 1966 and 2015 there have been both winning and losing teams score just 5.  By the looks of the bars, I'm guessing 1 winning team and 2 losing teams.  Interestingly, no team during this era ended a game with just 4 points.

image.png.800029db2f0b2d0f2913b284dbd11fa4.png

I seem to recall a MNF game in the late 70s or early 80s where the Cowboys beat the Redskins 9-5.

• Like 2

Giants manager, Gabe Kapler, will be protesting the recent mass shootings by not coming out for the national anthem.  Said that he's doing it because he feels "the lack of delivery on the promise of what our national anthem represents".  He plans to continue this protest until he feels differently..."until I feel better about the direction of our country".

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Sad 1

Reds might have found another good young SP in Graham Ashcraft. Tonight against the Giants he pitched 6.1, shutout innings and this was his second major league start.  He had pitched 10.2 innings so far while giving up 2 runs.  Last year he pitched in A and AA and had a stretch if 44 scoreless innings.

11 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Giants manager, Gabe Kapler, will be protesting the recent mass shootings by not coming out for the national anthem.  Said that he's doing it because he feels "the lack of delivery on the promise of what our national anthem represents".  He plans to continue this protest until he feels differently..."until I feel better about the direction of our country".

There was also this per CBS:

Meanwhile, the Reds' Pham slapped Pederson on the field before the game, alleging the Giants outfielder cheated in their fantasy football league. Major League Baseball is investigating, and Pham was scratched after a pregame rain delay of 2 hours, 8 minutes pending the results of that inquiry.

5 minutes ago, rico said:

There was also this per CBS:

Meanwhile, the Reds' Pham slapped Pederson on the field before the game, alleging the Giants outfielder cheated in their fantasy football league. Major League Baseball is investigating, and Pham was scratched after a pregame rain delay of 2 hours, 8 minutes pending the results of that inquiry.

Well, if you are going to publicly slap someone, doing it because of shenanigans in fantasy football is much more understandable than defending your wife's honor. What was Will Smith thinking?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1