2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

58 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Well, if you are going to publicly slap someone, doing it because of shenanigans in fantasy football is much more understandable than defending your wife's honor. What was Will Smith thinking?

I am wondering what kind of money we are talking here?  Are we to have a MLB  FFL scandal?

For all you NL guys, former Cardinal Matt Carpenter (remember him?), hit a HR for the Yankees last night as the Yanks beat the Rays 2-0! It was also announced that he has signed a deal with the Bronx Bombers. Yanks have now won 33 games and are 6.5 games up on Tampa. Jameson Taillon pitches 8 shutout innings and his record is 5-1....

Go Yanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

For all you NL guys, former Cardinal Matt Carpenter (remember him?), hit a HR for the Yankees last night as the Yanks beat the Rays 2-0! It was also announced that he has signed a deal with the Bronx Bombers. Yanks have now won 33 games and are 6.5 games up on Tampa. Jameson Taillon pitches 8 shutout innings and his record is 5-1....

Go Yanks

I've probably watched more Yankees games than anything this year. Mostly because of FanDuel but it's a fun team to watch.

Speaking of Fanduel.....Reds fans on here how we feeling today? I need a cheap pitcher and I'm thinking Alex Wood. Reds bats been doing anything lately?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've probably watched more Yankees games than anything this year. Mostly because of FanDuel but it's a fun team to watch.

Speaking of Fanduel.....Reds fans on here how we feeling today? I need a cheap pitcher and I'm thinking Alex Wood. Reds bats been doing anything lately?

Reds have scored 4+ runs in the last 15 home games and lead the league in runs scored at home.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Giants manager, Gabe Kapler, will be protesting the recent mass shootings by not coming out for the national anthem.  Said that he's doing it because he feels "the lack of delivery on the promise of what our national anthem represents".  He plans to continue this protest until he feels differently..."until I feel better about the direction of our country".

It heartens me when a rich celebrity who has prospered so much makes an empty symbolic gesture a couple of days before we honor those that sacrificed their lives protecting his right to do so.

Tell ya what Gabe, drop the million dollar a year job for managing men playing a kids game and contribute to "the direction of our country" and I'll respect that... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

It heartens me when a rich celebrity who has prospered so much makes an empty symbolic gesture a couple of days before we honor those that sacrificed their lives protecting his right to do so.

Tell ya what Gabe, drop the million dollar a year job for managing men playing a kids game and contribute to "the direction of our country" and I'll respect that... 

Trust me. The only reason I don't go in a direction is I love the board and don't want a timeout. Empty gesture is right. 

• Like 1

Reds bullpen has given up 4 runs in the 8th and now is down 4-2. Should been out of the inning with giving up a run but Farmer couldn't field a ground ball that scored the first run. Next batter hit a 3 run homer. It was the shift that really caused Farmer not to be able to field the ball cleanly. 

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Reds bullpen has given up 4 runs in the 8th and now is down 4-2. Should been out of the inning with giving up a run but Farmer couldn't field a ground ball that scored the first run. Next batter hit a 3 run homer. It was the shift that really caused Farmer not to be able to field the ball cleanly. 

I put this one on Bell and who he used in the bullpen. He brought Strickland in with two outs in the 7th and blew away the batter on 3 pitches.  Instead of bringing him back in they brought in another reliever and the flood gates has opened since we are on our 3rd pitcher of the inning and down 6-2

On 5/29/2022 at 5:08 PM, TheWatShot said:

I feel like every Tigers box score I look at, they use 5 or 6 different pitchers. I guess if you have to do that to be league average in runs allowed, then so be it. 

Was looking at batting averages yesterday.  Of the 13 qualifying batters that are hitting below .200, FIVE  of them are Tigers.  

That's an insane stat.  Is there just no one else to put in, or are they hoping those guys turn it around?

By contrast, the Reds, dont even have 5 guys who have the plate appearances to qualify.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Was looking at batting averages yesterday.  Of the 13 qualifying batters that are hitting below .200, FIVE  of them are Tigers.  

That's an insane stat.  Is there just no one else to put in, or are they hoping those guys turn it around?

By contrast, the Reds, dont even have 5 guys who have the plate appearances to qualify.  

Probably a little bit of both. Really need Torkelson to come around. I know most guys his age are in Single A-ball, but the Tigers need to have something to show for a #1 pick with the other #1 pick Casey Mize looking more like a bust. 

I'm not sure if being this bad offensively is sustainable, but we'll find out. Dead last in runs scored, 30 runs worse than the next team last I looked. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

They've bee pretty profitable on Fanduel so far. Choose whoever value pitcher is going against Tigers, Orioles, Cubs, A's, Reds....and good to go. 

Seriously though. 5 guys below .200 is just unreal. Strikeout, HR, or Walk....with the exception of few teams the whole league is that once again. 

• Like 1