2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

20 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

As if I needed any more confirmations that the baseball teams I root for are junk this year and just all around ridiculous, the Fort Wayne Tincaps managed to hit into an 8-6-2-5-3-5 triple play last night, the first triple play in minor league baseball this year. 

Still room on the Yankee bandwagon....

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Hasn't Andujar "struggled" since his rookie year?

I have to admit I haven't really followed him that much, but here is a quote from a poster on the forum:

"Andujar is a Quad A player. He hasn't excelled at the MLB level since his rookie year, and his defense has continued to hold him back. He's basically Clint Frazier 2.0. He very well may be better than Gallo, but he isn't good enough that demanding a trade means anything. This is the story of tons of AAA/MLB players with below average defense who do well in AAA, but can't establish themselves against major league pitching.

He is good enough to be on the active roster of many bad MLB teams (like Frazier and the Cubs), but because of the CBA, many guys with option years will be used the way he has been with the Yankees."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Joe Maddon let go by Angels. Same things as before. Can't fire the players so fire the coach. I'd take him back in a second on the North Side. 

Excuse me but I have already handpicked him to be the next skipper of the Cincinnati Reds!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Joe Maddon let go by Angels. Same things as before. Can't fire the players so fire the coach. I'd take him back in a second on the North Side. 

You know I've always been on the other side of that...

I've always believed that managers or coaches have a shelf life with a certain team, and Joe's had expired with the Cubs...I appreciate what he did, but when he was let go, I wasn't heartbroken... 

I don't follow the Angels very closely, and I don't know the issue with them, but the numbers being floated for their 2 best players doesn't sound good...

I do think he's better with young players than veterans... 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

You know I've always been on the other side of that...

I've always believed that managers or coaches have a shelf life with a certain team, and Joe's had expired with the Cubs...I appreciate what he did, but when he was let go, I wasn't heartbroken... 

I don't follow the Angels very closely, and I don't know the issue with them, but the numbers being floated for their 2 best players doesn't sound good...

I do think he's better with young players than veterans... 

Understand and get it....but I also understand these stats.

Baez .198 and at least 20 lbs on the stomach

Schwarber .197 I'll never figure this one out. Love KS to death but numbers are numbers. 

Bryant .270 but only played in 17 games

Rizzo .215.....but he's finding his production numbers. Helps with Judge/Stanton 

Russell Gone. Heyward....possibly the worst FA signing ever in terms of $ to performance ratio. Zobrist...such a pro but gone. I'm starting to come around to the idea that the job Joe Maddon did was even more incredible than I originally gave him credit for. 

We should have started the rebuild with Joe and the Cubs in 2018/19....but we were married to these guys because of the World Title. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Schwarber .197 I'll never figure this one out. Love KS to death but numbers are numbers. 

Rizzo .215.....but he's finding his production numbers. Helps with Judge/Stanton 

Russell Gone. Heyward....possibly the worst FA signing ever in terms of $ to performance ratio. Zobrist...such a pro but gone. I'm starting to come around to the idea that the job Joe Maddon did was even more incredible than I originally gave him credit for. 

We should have started the rebuild with Joe and the Cubs in 2018/19....but we were married to these guys because of the World Title. 

I also think that as far as judging Maddon goes, I get bothered by the minutiae of things...

No one will ever be able to adequately explain to me why he took Kyle Hendricks out of game 7 in 2016 after 4 2/3rds. I've heard the explanation... I've heard his explanation, and I'm not buying it. He did it for Jon Lester, plain and simple in my eyes.

And I know both Maddon and LaRussa are baseball geniuses, but batting the pitcher's spot 8th never has and never will make sense to me..

But hey, at least I know my foibles and limitations 🙂

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Joe's fault Trout hitting .126 during 12 game losing streak and 0-26  slump and Ohtani 9.00 ERA. 

16 hours ago, rico said:

Trade them!

You know what's funny? The Yankees offered Judge a contract that would have made him the second highest player, behind only Mike Trout. I said at the time Judge wasn't worth that kind of contract. Now, looking at the numbers, who would have thought??  🤪

16 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

This is so true. He is becoming a fan favorite....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

This is so true. He is becoming a fan favorite....

I've been watching more Yankees baseball this year than ever. Ever since Donnie Baseball I've always pulled for them from afar. Count me in the department of wanting the Yankees to get another one soon. Yankees/Dodgers would be appointment TV for World Series.

• Thanks 1

I've been watching more Yankees baseball this year than ever. Ever since Donnie Baseball I've always pulled for them from afar. Count me in the department of wanting the Yankees to get another one soon. Yankees/Dodgers would be appointment TV for World Series.

Screw the Dodgers!  If you're going to put the Yankees in the Series, then I want it against the Mets!  Yeah, an all NYC series!  Historic!  😋

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

5 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Screw the Dodgers!  If you're going to put the Yankees in the Series, then I want it against the Mets!  Yeah, an all NYC series!  Historic!  😋

Honestly, if the Yankees make it and it's not the Mets or Dodgers opposing them, it's not an attractive matchup.  Everyone will just assume the Yankees will roll a team like the Brewers, Cardinals, or Padres.  

If I'm a network executive and you tell me in advance that the Cardinals make the World Series this year, I'm rooting for them to face the Red Sox or Astros as opposed to the Yankees.  

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Honestly, if the Yankees make it and it's not the Mets or Dodgers opposing them, it's not an attractive matchup.  Everyone will just assume the Yankees will roll a team like the Brewers, Cardinals, or Padres.  

If I'm a network executive and you tell me in advance that the Cardinals make the World Series this year, I'm rooting for them to face the Red Sox or Astros as opposed to the Yankees.  

Your post made me think...

Of the 15 National League teams, only 3 have never played the Yankees in the World Series...Nationals, Brewers, and Rockies... And none of those teams were around before 1969... 

That's amazing... 

• Like 3